$300.00 knife budget. What would you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ahhhh, I can remember the good old day thinking that $300 would be a lot to spend on a knife. WTH happened?

Yup, the good ol days when you kept telling yourself "I'll never spend that much on a knife".

Now it's research a gun for 5 months, save the money, then impulse buy a knife that is $150 more than the gun.

Man do times change

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Double your investment and buy yourself a Randell.... Any Randell

Mods you may end this thread.

Randall knives are very nice but definitely not the end all be all they use to be. I happen to think most are over priced in the terms of materials. they are very nice knives but definitely not a thread ender!

Lol I remember when I bought my first 200 dollar knife and couldn't believe I spent that much on a knife. Now I carry a 500 dollar folder around as my edc lol. 300 dollars can get you a damn fine blade from a lot of custom makers and from some very nice production companies.

Brad or Knifelady will have no problem helping you spend your money and they keep some awesome blades in stock.

some companies not mentioned yet are Fehrman knives, big hunks of 3v. Bark river has some great blades now in pretty much any super steel you want. Pohan Leu makes some stupid sharp amazing fixed blades folders.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Randall knives are very nice but definitely not the end all be all they use to be. I happen to think most are over priced in the terms of materials. they are very nice knives but definitely not a thread ender!

Lol I remember when I bought my first 200 dollar knife and couldn't believe I spent that much on a knife. Now I carry a 500 dollar folder around as my edc lol. 300 dollars can get you a damn fine blade from a lot of custom makers and from some very nice production companies.

Brad or Knifelady will have no problem helping you spend your money and they keep some awesome blades in stock.

some companies not mentioned yet are Fehrman knives, big hunks of 3v. Bark river has some great blades now in pretty much any super steel you want. Pohan Leu makes some stupid sharp amazing fixed blades folders.

Grunt is absolutely correct on this. Randall knives are very good knives, but from a quality and material viewpoint, they are just average in my book. Part of the reason they demand a high price is because most people do not want to wait 5 years when ordering straight from Randall. This has created a secondary market that commands a premium on Randall knives, and people are willing to pay it to avoid the waiting time when ordering direct. This is just like Hinderer knives, unless your LEO or Military, most people will pay the premium on the secondary market to avoid the waiting time.

Thread Ender: Direware & Medford
    DIREWARE
    Medford Knives 100% American Made. Made in America.

Note: Actually, there are a ton of mid-tech and customs that could easily end this thread.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    DIREWARE

:eek::faint:

:spend:

I want to know how much this costs. But then again I kinda don't because I don't want to know how much I paid for my own murder weapon when my fiance finds out about it.

Don't hold me to this, but when I checked a year or so ago, Direware's basic folders started out in the $800 to $900 range. Their really bad as* ones were $1500.00 on up with several going for over $2000.00

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don't hold me to this, but when I checked a year or so ago, Direware's basic folders started out in the $800 to $900 range. Their really bad as* ones were $1500.00 on up with several going for over $2000.00

:lala:I said I didn't want to know! Awe man she really would stab me if I spent that much on a knife.

I think I'll stick to my $300.00 budget.... For now.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I really like Dozier's knives, especially his DK models......simple, but elegant.

Note: The DK model is a collaboration between Dozier & Kressler...thus the "DK" model name.

Yup, those skinners are awesome. That's the reason I bought the Phat Bob, had that look but at a fraction of the price.

Good info on the DK, I didn't know that.

Top Bottom