• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Between .380 and 9mm....let's just say the wife and I cleaned out our .380 stuff and have 9mm for home / personal defense. Only 2mm longer casing...but a huge difference in bullet performance and defensive capabilities!

In fact, everyone we know, who's owned .380, has gotten away from it due to availability (better now), cost, performance, etc.

I would recommend a Glock 19 or 26...unless you are committed to pocket carry, then a Kahr PM9 or possibly a S&W Shield would be appropriate! Take a look at the new single-stack Bersa 9mm...interesting little 9mm and shoot's like crazy (according to a guy who has one!)

The Bersa's grip has a nice 'feel' to it and they do shoot well! BP Concealed Carry

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I coonfingered one of these ^^^ last night at Gan ..I better not say where... I really Liked it.

The Tauras 738 was on my list but I head that there is issues with the casing hitting you, have you experienced this?[/QUOTE]

Getting hit by the case has not been a problem with about 100 rounds down range. There were some performance problems with the A and B series (Letters are on the serial number) of the TCP so if you purchase one be sure to check it out up front. I would avoid those models. Problems were rectified on the C series, and I have not heard any problems at all about the D series.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    When I'm out on my road bike cycling, a .380 is very convenient to pack. In my case it's an LCP in a Fobus paddle which fits snugly inside of my cycling shorts, and my shirt covers the pistol. It's easy to shoot with the pinky extension and light enough not to bother when cycling.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The cz p-07 (not duty) is now #1 on my list of "carry-friendly" 9mms, pending Walther CCP exam. What an amazing compact 9mm!!

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I've carried for 14 years.

Never had to pull once.

No matter what you carry, work on your situational awareness. It's worth a lot more then caliber differences.

-edit-

Just thought I'd mention I'm from Gary Hammond area originally.

Bocock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Beech Grove
    Split the difference. 9x18 MAK. CZ82 small enough to carry, easy to take the range and will always work. Ammo is pretty easy enough to find (HP and hardball). 380s tend to be finicky.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I am presenting this question again. Can I receive an answer from "Pinkzebraglockgirl".
    Pinkzebraglockgirl Shot the ruger lc9 and did not like it. Personally I carry a glock 26, but I love shooting it. 2nd choice would be a much smaller m&p shield in 9mm. Go to the range and shoot the guns first so you don't have buyers remorse. Or if you are in nwin go to a meet and shoot, there are so many guns to try out, you will be able to decide what you like and handle better. Good luck.

Who, What and Were?

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If you want a super small gun, go .380 because you'll have about the same amount of power from such a short barrel. Otherwise go 9mm. I'd stick with .380 (9mm Kurtz/short) for mouse guns.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have a P238 that I love. I know a lot of people question carrying a smaller, less powerful round like a .380, but I shoot it so much more accurately than others that it makes sense for me. I could step up to a G26, or a Shield in a larger caliber, but the trigger on the P238 and the way the gun feels in my hand translates to better accuracy for me. If I found a compact gun in .45 ACP that I shoot as well as this P238 I'd be glad to step up, but so far that hasn't happened.

Top Bottom