• Status
    Not open for further replies.

watch guy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2016
    SE Michigan
    I think the 50 post requirement is ridiculous. I belong to many forums and this is the ONLY one with such a requirement. I belonged to the Michigan Gun Owners forum (MIGUNOWNERS>ORG)and they had no such rule. A person would have to reply to a post a day and still it would take nearly 2 months to be a lowed to post. I think that is why you have very few new posts and a lot of posts with many pages of replies. Worrying about people who post just to sell and then don't post any more, so what? To me no big deal. Just drop the 50 post requirement totally and you will have more people joining and replying, posting, selling, etc.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the 50 post requirement is ridiculous. I belong to many forums and this is the ONLY one with such a requirement. I belonged to the Michigan Gun Owners forum (MIGUNOWNERS>ORG)and they had no such rule. A person would have to reply to a post a day and still it would take nearly 2 months to be a lowed to post. I think that is why you have very few new posts and a lot of posts with many pages of replies. Worrying about people who post just to sell and then don't post any more, so what? To me no big deal. Just drop the 50 post requirement totally and you will have more people joining and replying, posting, selling, etc.

If this place sucks so bad for that rule, than go back to the other forum since its so awesome. :dunno:

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I’ve been an MGO member since 2010 and they do have this rule, granted it’s a ten post rule, but still. You’ve been a member here since 2016 and only have 34 post. So clearly your not an active participant. I’ve move a lot for work and I’ve joined forums in many states, the ones with no rules turn into ****shows that are closer to armslist and not a learning gun community....that being said when I first joined I made a run for 50, got dinged, and started to engage in the community more it’s pretty easy to get to 50...hell I don’t even live in Indiana anymore!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Sigh, another one that doesn't get what INGO is about and doesn't seem to care. My opinion is well known on this so I'll save my breath.

I'll leave these here for your convenience though.

ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds
    https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites#US
    https://www.gunbroker.com

And if you really want to learn then go here, and here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...new-guys-looking-ads-section.html#post6411793
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-2.html#post6415188

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just changed my mind. I say 50 for trainers to advertise classes and 500 to participate in the classifieds. Truth is the 50 post rule won’t affect the National Trainers because they are usually hosted by a local organization/member anyway. Plus there are several that post links to really good informational materials. 500 for the classifieds, why not? You want to Shop and Flip there are shows for those activities.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Think what you will. We really do not care. This site is what it is. It works.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    This newb is in favor of the 50 post rule. I spy a Gunsite CCO in the classifieds. At my current pace of 1-2 posts a day, I should be able to get it in a month. Should be a screaming deal by then lol

In all seriousness, it’s your site and your rules. I acknowledge that many people run up a post count to peddle their junk and then disappear. If I kept track, I probably buy 3 firearms to every 1 I trade or sell. Until then, I’ll continue to read, learn, get different perspectives, contribute where I feel competent, and enjoy my time on this corner of the internet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This newb is in favor of the 50 post rule. I spy a Gunsite CCO in the classifieds. At my current pace of 1-2 posts a day, I should be able to get it in a month. Should be a screaming deal by then lol

In all seriousness, it’s your site and your rules. I acknowledge that many people run up a post count to peddle their junk and then disappear. If I kept track, I probably buy 3 firearms to every 1 I trade or sell. Until then, I’ll continue to read, learn, get different perspectives, contribute where I feel competent, and enjoy my time on this corner of the internet.

Glad to have you here. We like our little corner (that's how I think of it too).

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Not all of them. If they pay let them post of course. But there have been a bunch of Instructors and trainers over the years that only post their classes, do not participate other than that, and do not advertise. You can find a couple of prime examples in Training and Tactics right now.

We are lucky to have some of the trainers stopping in here. Would it be worth pushing away an amazing instructor to weed out people pushing their wares?

A paid Sponsor Membership would even out the playing field. It would make sense to me that a "Sponsor" as such would benefit more by also contributing.

More regulation = less freedom. I'm not going all "muh rights" here but even Coach isn't a site sponsor. The margins on training companies are not large.

We do allow those who are advancing the sport/hobby/passion through training to use the forum for this free of charge.
    But Coach brings up a great point. This might weed out the posers from the real deal.
    Let us consider this.

The posers should be weeded out by INGO'ers that are taking classes, which are few. Then by their AARs, which are even fewer.

In the past Tactics and Training has been free. Which is great if the person is on INGO for doing more than advertising their training. I am proposing doing what is done the classifieds. Post a class in tactics and training once you have 50 posts, or if you are and advertiser, or perhaps create a site supporter category for trainers that does not provide a sub forum but allows posting in Tactics and Training for a one time fee.

No ego or accusations here, I just can't find any other way to ask this question. Are you going to potentially hurt the firearms community as a whole to try to keep a market share or prevent another's from growing? So far it looks like Corbon and MTAC are the two users in question here. I assume (shame on me) that JR is running the MTAC stuff and if he gets people in classes does it matter how many posts he has? Same goes for Corbon.

I guess it just comes down to motivations and what the ultimate goal is. I haven't been active in a couple of years but after coming back it seems like this site is dying. If one user goes to a MTAC class (29 posts) or a Corbon class (29 posts), comes back and talks about it on here doesn't it make INGO better? If they then seek out other training and bring their friends isn't everyone better as a whole?

Just my .02 currently trading at .00.

Blacklabsmatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    las vegas
    I get the 50 post needed to post a classified. Even to open a thread. However classifieds go both ways; buy and sell. There is a item in classifieds I would buy; item has been unsold for 2 weeks now. I assume the seller wants to sell as it has been bumped. BUT, I can't send the guy $2400 because I don't have 50 posts. No issue with scams or spam from the people actually giving money I would think. Honestly, i would be the one worried about getting scammed, because i'm the one sending money and hoping the seller actually sends the item sold haha... thoughts?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I get the 50 post needed to post a classified. Even to open a thread. However classifieds go both ways; buy and sell. There is a item in classifieds I would buy; item has been unsold for 2 weeks now. I assume the seller wants to sell as it has been bumped. BUT, I can't send the guy $2400 because I don't have 50 posts. No issue with scams or spam from the people actually giving money I would think. Honestly, i would be the one worried about getting scammed, because i'm the one sending money and hoping the seller actually sends the item sold haha... thoughts?

NM read the thoughts here. everyone has opinions, some dont count

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/452051-so-what%92s-deal.html?452051=#post7481155

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...bout-ads-classifieds.html?442085=#post7492629

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...shooters-part-2-a-74.html?438933=#post7472851

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom