Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I personally am having troubles with the 50 post rule. since i was around and took the time to get to 50 posts but then the next day was knocked back down to my previous days number

Yes and I may have been the one that did it. Read the rule.
    OK let me make it easy for you.
    We "All" had to clear this hurdle. All of us.

The rule...
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes and I may have been the one that did it. Read the rule.
    OK let me make it easy for you.
    We "All" had to clear this hurdle. All of us.

The rule...
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

Plethora: from the Latin word meaning "metric ****-ton". Which of course is 10% greater than a standard ****-ton.

tallpaulr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    thank you for the information. is it possible to look at what i posted with you? I don't want to make a trouble but i did not feel like my posts where tiny off the wall comments to get to 50. I worked hard to contribute and posted where i had knowledge or wanted to be heard. if you feel i didn't i will have to accept it. thank you

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    thank you for the information. is it possible to look at what i posted with you? I don't want to make a trouble but i did not feel like my posts where tiny off the wall comments to get to 50. I worked hard to contribute and posted where i had knowledge or wanted to be heard. if you feel i didn't i will have to accept it. thank you

Once trashed they are beyond my reach. Pay grade and all.
    It appears I was not the staff that dinged your count. Looks like the boss got them. His site. His rules.
    In the end some agree and some do not with the 50 post standard we have set here. It is with good reason we did this. There have always been those who swoop in here to raid the classifieds and run a business under the radar. We have worked hard to eliminate those members.

As you can probably see we are very protective of our little niche in the interwebs. And again with good reason.
    Looks like you stuck it out and good on you for that effort.
    This is a great place for just about anything.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I think the 50 post requirement is ridiculous. I belong to many forums and this is the ONLY one with such a requirement. I belonged to the Michigan Gun Owners forum (MIGUNOWNERS>ORG)and they had no such rule. A person would have to reply to a post a day and still it would take nearly 2 months to be a lowed to post. I think that is why you have very few new posts and a lot of posts with many pages of replies. Worrying about people who post just to sell and then don't post any more, so what? To me no big deal. Just drop the 50 post requirement totally and you will have more people joining and replying, posting, selling, etc.

I have not met the 50-post requirement. Eventually I will get there. However, I come to this forum on a nearly daily-basis. There's a lot of good exchanges between those passionate about firearms and devoted to the site. The only people I see carping about the 50-post requirement are those it is specifically intended to fend off, namely, those who are simply looking for a marketplace. If that's what you're looking for, try Gunbroker.

Also, if you are convinced that a site sans posting requirements is better, make one. We'll be waiting with bated breath to see out that turns out.

Further, you say that there are other sites which do not have the posting requirements. If you prefer that, spend your time there. The limit is a valuable thing with drives good outcomes. I enjoy the content on this site and I am convinced that the posting rule is an important component in creating the unique environment in InGo.

Lastly, a rule that requires that someone make a material contribution to the site before gleaning some of the benefits seems perfectly appropriate, to me. I like the rule and hope they do not abandon it, for you, me, or anyone else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom