Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would agree as well.
    Getting a new rule set up is not that easy.
    Get a second and we will take it to committee.

I will second. My hesitation is/was how this might affect the top tier national instructors, some of which are members. They participate on many gun forums and not exclusively to INGO. But usually those trainers are hosted by or recommend by a local member that is active on INGO. I would have no problem for example if Bright Firearms Training advertising/hosting a class for a national trainer. Training Companies local to Indiana should be expected to participate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will second. My hesitation is/was how this might affect the top tier national instructors, some of which are members. They participate on many gun forums and not exclusively to INGO. But usually those trainers are hosted by or recommend by a local member that is active on INGO. I would have no problem for example if Bright Firearms Training advertising/hosting a class for a national trainer. Training Companies local to Indiana should be expected to participate.

When these things are considered there is a few things behind the scenes that have to be accomplished.
    I see what you are saying Vert. There is a lot to be considered.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It was the runner that jacked the thread.

I'm sure Coach doesn't mind that his suggestion got brought back out of the mothballs. He puts his effort, time and trouble into making this forum his home operating base for his training business. He adds lots and lots of quality content to this forum. Yet anyone can come along to post classes with their first posts with no investment what so ever. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'm sure Coach doesn't mind that his suggestion got brought back out of the mothballs. He puts his effort, time and trouble into making this forum his home operating base for his training business. He adds lots and lots of quality content to this forum. Yet anyone can come along to post classes with their first posts with no investment what so ever. :dunno:

Noted.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How big of a problem is this? Maybe I am missing it, since I often don’t open threads started by people I have never heard of.

Are we saying that if someone like Marcus Luttrell joined to say he was going to appear at a local range for some instructions, that we would tell him to bugger off? I understand and can appreciate the issue, I just want the INGO to use some common sense if they address it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How big of a problem is this? Maybe I am missing it, since I often don’t open threads started by people I have never heard of.

Are we saying that if someone like Marcus Luttrell joined to say he was going to appear at a local range for some instructions, that we would tell him to bugger off? I understand and can appreciate the issue, I just want the INGO to use some common sense if they address it

Noted.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm firmly against the requirement of a certain post count to post training classes. Anything that encourages people to train should be rewarded, and I'd not like to see an additional barrier to that. If somebody is a unknown entity, question them. I haven't seen a rash of unknowns posting scam training, though. If that does happen, revisit the issue, but right now I don't see the problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm firmly against the requirement of a certain post count to post training classes. Anything that encourages people to train should be rewarded, and I'd not like to see an additional barrier to that. If somebody is a unknown entity, question them. I haven't seen a rash of unknowns posting scam training, though. If that does happen, revisit the issue, but right now I don't see the problem.

Can we preemptively ban Lucien Black? :):

Blacklabsmatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2018
    las vegas
    Nice

tallpaulr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I personally am having troubles with the 50 post rule. since i was around and took the time to get to 50 posts but then the next day was knocked back down to my previous days number

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I personally am having troubles with the 50 post rule. since i was around and took the time to get to 50 posts but then the next day was knocked back down to my previous days number

the first 50 must be QUALITY posts of substance. Not one liners. The post count probably dropped because an admin saw a bunch of less than quality posts and removed them. It happens ALL the time, its not just you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom