• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My only thought about this is that my Facebook "friends" why profess a "personal philosophy" which should lead them to reject this stuff outright are spending an awful lot of time talking about it.

Apparently they've never heard of the phrase: "any publicity is good publicity."

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My wife read it and said it was poorly written.....

With that knowledge, I'd say it's a prime example of why marketing and hype are now more important to a sale than content/quality.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My wife read it and said it was poorly written.....

With that knowledge, I'd say it's a prime example of why marketing and hype are now more important to a sale than content/quality.

+1. My wife also read the series and said the entire series was poorly written. Further she saw the movie on Thursday night and said it was way overhyped and if you've seen the previews, you've seen the movie. She actually enjoys reading those types of books, but said the 50 Shades series is one of the worst she's ever read.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I for one can't wait for the inevitable protests :D

[video=youtube;6-F2HKLzB6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-F2HKLzB6c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This thread is funny. I haven't met a single woman, in my personal life or women I know at work, who didn't enjoy the book and isn't planning on seeing the movie.
    I know a woman, who by her own admission, reads the first book at least weekly, and spends extra time in the shower afterwards.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    This thread is funny. I haven't met a single woman, in my personal life or women I know at work, who didn't enjoy the book and isn't planning on seeing the movie.
    You just run in different circles. I can name one person I know that bothered to read the books. Not my wife nor most any other woman I know gives 2 craps about it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You just run in different circles. I can name one person I know that bothered to read the books. Not my wife nor most any other woman I know gives 2 craps about it.

Yeah, I asked my wife what it was and if she had heard of it.....she said she skimmed thru it when a friend of our daughters had it over here, and it was laying on the table. She said it was "vulgar, filthy and about a nasty girl".....lol.

I'll be honest....I never heard of it until this week when I seen on news people getting injured over it.

Top Bottom