• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Im in the theater now... I fought like hell .. Gave it all I got.. Valentine's day trumped it all.

I will claim bladder problems to get as much relief as possible ..

will update my situation .. Pray for me

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I didn't read the whole thread, but I did read the books. I'm not an English Lit teacher but I am fairly well read and I thought the books were poorly written without any real twists or turns, highly repetitive and totally expectable. They give a wildly inaccurate view of the BDSM community and what that lifestyle is really about.

I also am embarressed to see the social change these junk books have brought about, a huge percentage of people love the books and for all the wrong reasons. If the character was a blue collar guy, would the story still work? Or course not, so is it really a love story about people who give themselves to each other? Or is it about the attraction to money and power? Standard romance novel junk that appealed to a lot of unsatisfiable people.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    ^ this.

i plan on "acquiring" this film just so the lady and i can laugh at it.

my biggest fear is all of the guys who see this movie, decide "im gonna dom now" and start physically and emotionally abusing their SO - this thought terrifies me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Saw on Fallon the other night that the lead actress in Sonny Crocket's daughter:
    2128143-sonny1.jpg

[video=youtube_share;3XiMvn8dKZg]http://youtu.be/3XiMvn8dKZg[/video]

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I thought it really didn't test the limits that it could have. It was not even a close shade into the real BD/SM community. Tepid. Okay plot. Good cinematography.

It did however, show most people with big money are really sketchy in real life. If you knew them for what they really are, you would not like them. They do not have the type of relationships most of society would consider 'normal' or 'healthy' but they are always testing the boundaries and creative genius of life, sex and social norms. There are exceptions to this concept of mine but I have seen some very uncommon crap in my short life of 51 years.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ^^^ oh come on. They are no different in the bedroom than lower income folks. TRUST me, I see what the less-than-ambitious career path folks due to themselves and their partners.

you will find the same type of person in every "class" of person on earth.

in defense of your position though, Thomas Crown was a thief and womanizer who saw a shrink.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    my biggest fear is all of the guys who see this movie, decide "im gonna dom now" and start physically and emotionally abusing their SO - this thought terrifies me.

This is exactly the concern. Do your homework on the physiology of this, as well as the emotional impact to your partner and your relationship, failure to address these concerns in their entirety can have diasterous consequences not just for your relationship but also for the physical well being of your spouse. It can be a wonderful thing for you and your partner to share, and it can be deadly, ironically, it's similiar in ways to an ignorant and uninformed gun owner.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Just curious if anyone saw it or not. I find it interesting that the concept is a rich man gets an innocent girl to submit to his whims and essentially tortures her for his pleasure. This is the break room so I won't wade into the politics of that concept.

I have no plans to see it though probably would if my wife wants to go. Probably wait for the dollar theater though.

Complete Garbage.:twocents:
    If my wife wanted to see it we would be in need of some SERIOUS marriage counseling.

Top Bottom