• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    have the sub 2000 in glock 19 mags, perfect for all aroung, great trunk gun,home defense and it dosent take that much space folded, added bonous its the same mags as the pistol, sweet !

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Sub2k in 9mm Glock, and so far it has functioned flawlessly, even with the cheap Korean 32 round mags. It is a fun gun to shoot, but I don't know if I would use it in a serious defensive role.

Dave

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've got the Beretta Storm Carbine in 9mm setup to take the Beretta 92FS mags and it performs wonderful. I put a lot of ammo through it and have shot it regularly at conversational distances all the way out to 200 yards at JP. It does a great job with the little 9mm cartridge...

That said it's a bit high priced in the 9mm carbine arena, but not too bad as most nice quality firearms on the market will run you in the same price range...

I've played with the Sub2000 and I do like it as a bob gun.... I don't enjoy shooting it. It went bang everytime I shot it and it packs up nice, and if you look around hard enough you can find one that will also take the Beretta 92FS mags in it too...

The AR is next on my list of pistol carbine's.... and as much as I and the girl's shoot once we get one of these to take through her paces I'll know what works...

Good luck on your search.... hope you find something that works for you ... the 9mm is so cheap to shoot it easy to get good with one...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why did this thread die?

Looks like the there are really only 3 options:

CX4
    AR
    Sub 2000

Which one is better? I think the sub 2000 is more thought out and would have more uses.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You should see the insides of the storm... dirt simple, just goes bang... but TS4 you can always try it out at one of the M&S's if you want... except for this sundays one as I'm attending another Front Sight class... but next month it will be there...

What I like about the Sub2000 is it's ability to be packed away and not seen...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Of all of the mentioned choices, I've seen the most fully functional, reliable Beretta Storms. Not cheap, but I've seen plenty that work well.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Anyone ever look into a Mech Tech? Its a rifle upper that fits on a pistol frame. They have them for Glock frames and 1911 frames. I have one that will fire off all 33 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger and put them in a baseball size circle at 50 yards. I mean as fast as I could! They are a bit heavy, especially in the barrel end. They can set them up with or without quad rails, different stocks, I got mine without a stock and put a 6 pos adjustable stock from an AR. Very fun! Only has 1 year waranty. I used it once, they couldnt figure it out so they sent me a new one. Actually I have it for sale at M&J firearms in Fortville. Just decided I didnt want it as Im getting away from 9mm.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    ProMag makes a 15-round mag for the 995 that seems to work fairly well.

They never worked in mine, in fact every ProMag I have bought just barely works or doesn't work at all. That is why I don't buy anything with the name ProMag on it anymore.

ProMag's for the Hi-Point 995 has a failure rate way above 50%.

Heck they even have a thread on one of the HP forums about how to modify them to try and get them to work right.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I sent some junk pro mags back to the company, and they sent me new updated replacement mags that worked fine. They have a life time warranty, however I am still not a fan of them.

Dave

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had a 995, hated it.
    Had a Sub 2000. Liked it, but was afraid I'd knock the cheapo plastic front sight off.
    Have ran a Beretta Storm several times, very impressive.
    The M11's I've owned were trash.
    Would love to try out an UZI, especially one of the TSD/RMR ones.

Currently own a RRA 9MM pistol with a Tross trilug 5" barrel, waiting for my form 1 to come back. I've pumped over 1000 rounds through it so far using Metalform mags, with 100% reliability.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Why did this thread die?

Looks like the there are really only 3 options:

CX4
    AR
    Sub 2000

Which one is better? I think the sub 2000 is more thought out and would have more uses.

What about the JR Carbine? Takes glock mags...goes boom every time you pull the trigger. I have one with a little of 500 rnds down the tube with only one hiccup. For the price you cant beat it!! It uses AR-15 trigger groups and butt stocks. I would check one out before you go with any of what you have listed above!:twocents:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've get the Sub2K because it's pretty good. Though I wish the charging handle isn't on the stock, which also moves when shooting

Top Bottom