• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I read on GunBlast not to use +P ammo in these. I usually don't put weight in what I read on the internet, but I respect Jeff Quinn.
    9x19mm Just Right Carbine from EMF
    http://gunblast.com/images/EMF-JRCarbine/DSC00038.JPG
    I've handled the Just Right carbine some, and it didn't do it for me. Not exactly sure why, but it felt cheap to me. I prefer a standard 9MM AR, Beretta Storm, or UZI.

That article was published on [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]January 10th, 2011, [/FONT]per the date on their page.

JRC posted on their website about a rapid fire bolt upgrade notice that involved JRC's manufactured with a serial numbers between Serial Numbers JR015000 through JR016391.

I can tell you that that this is no longer an issue because I bought mine in Feb. 2012 and it has a serial number beyond that range and I collect all my brass and have not seen any bulged brass from rapid firing with +P ammo or standard ammo.

You may respect Jeff Quinn, but that article is 21 months out of date. [FONT=arial, helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]

[/FONT]Just goes to prove that the internet is full of info, the problem is whether it's up to date or accurate.[FONT=arial, helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    BravoMike,

You definitely glossed over the fact that I stated that I have used JHP's (Jacketed Hollow Points:D) in both my old Hi-Point 995 and JRC.

Here's a good page that shows FPS comparisons from 2 inch barrels to 18 inch barrels with different ammo.

A CorBon 115gr +p round shot out of a 16 inch barrel only gains 209 fps over a 4 inch barrel.

There will be no problem with shallow penetration, if anything in my opinion if there was a chance of it fragmenting after penetration, it would create a much more damaging would cavity.

BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: Calibers/Cartridges
    I didn't gloss over anything, I read your post entirely. I was asking about the effectiveness of the round when shot out of the carbine, not how well the carbine operated with JHPs. Nevertheless, thank you for the link. Also, thanks for reminding me of the proper short hand for hollow points. ;)

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No need to get your panties in a knot. I was just relaying some information I had gathered when I was shopping for a 9mm carbine.

Panties in a knot, ask my wife she wears those.

The problem was, you posted a link to, and was relying on info that was almost two years out of date, not exactly a great way to shop for a current buy. Sorta like looking at a recall notice for a 2010 Chevy C/K 1500 and deciding that you're not going to buy a 2013 model because of that notice.

Nothing wrong with being informed, as long as the info is current and right.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have one of the first-year production Ruger PC-9's's (it's rollmarked "Police Carbine") and it's a hoot to shoot. It's like a big overgrown 10/22 with great irons that takes 15-round P-series handgun magazines. It's dead-reliable... what's not to love? ;) Definitely worth trolling the used market for.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have one of the first-year production Ruger PC-9's's (it's rollmarked "Police Carbine") and it's a hoot to shoot. It's like a big overgrown 10/22 with great irons that takes 15-round P-series handgun magazines. It's dead-reliable... what's not to love? ;) Definitely worth trolling the used market for.

^^This. Especially those with ghost ring sights. But you'll pay way more for a used one than when they were new. Current prices are between $600 (good luck) and $800 or more.

Top Bottom