• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was simply saying reloaders may be the best source at this point if you can find one to reload for you in your caliber.

If someone brings me the materials I can setup for 9mm for them and run it next to nothing. .

Here lies the problem, I'm not willing to reload for somebody I don't know. Hell, I barely do it for my friends. As sue happy as the world is now a days forget that

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here lies the problem, I'm not willing to reload for somebody I don't know. Hell, I barely do it for my friends. As sue happy as the world is now a days forget that

And while I have been known to help out a friend with a box of 50 or so defensive rounds I had stocked up from thanks to an alert here about a good deal, I'm not ABOUT to dip into my reloading supplies and be the ant that helps the grasshopper. Sorry. Its not my fault you were not aware of the need to back stock enough ammo. Its not expensive and doesnt take up tons of room. In my case of actually helping, it was a new gun owner that doesnt typically carry because he is still getting comfortable with guns. He realized shortly after the last run on ammo that he never even considered defensive ammo even though he now has guns at home for defense. I dont mind helping out with a box of the good stuff in that situation.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    OK we have been over this road many times since Sandy Hook.

-We have openly discussed in this forum that anything pops up we will be searching for ammo as the existing supply's will be gone.
    -We have always stated that having an ample reserve on hand is more than prudent.
    -Buy when your budget allows and don't pass on any deals you may see. You will "REGRET" it as some are right now.
    -If you buy as you shoot then this is what you get. And it is not the 1st nor will it be the last time we see this.
    -I have 2 life long friends that buy as they shoot. A range trip meant stopping for ammo on the way. Ever since I have known them, and they have not changed. I got a call just a day or so back.......Hey mouse you have any 9mm.......Me,sure why.........I need some..........Me, so what am I to do.........Sell me some.......Me, :lmfao:

You are either prepared or just sucking oxygen peoples.
    No knock on the OP. This is all too common.

Seriously, we cant get anything "Geared up" with this invented political virus shutting everything down.

I think CM nailed it. As I recall I took a lot of heat for buying up 9mm for $3-$4 a box of 50 some we even Her goes Paul Harrell reference. Remington green and white box 115 grain JHP. And before that I would always pick up a box here and there. If you are a new gun owner ok I feel for you but someone who has been shooting for a while not so much.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I picked up 1500 bullets today, 147 grain coated lead for 153 dollars plus tax

granted I have to add powder, primers and brass, but I have a little over 3000 primers, a pound and a half of sport pistol, 2000 empty brass rounds and a Dillon xl 750 (plus about 600 already loaded and about 3000 factory loaded rounds)

now my big complaint is (and I accept the fact that I did it) is in January I had a thousand rounds of Tula steel case 115 grain 9mm delivered for 150 (including tax and shipping)

in March I had 2000 rounds of wolf 115 grain steel case 9mm delivered for 220 a thousand (its the same stuff different name)

uncle rudys is an indoor range and I think there policy is no steel (core or case), and an Ammo shortage creates a “sellers market”

the store I was at today was selling zip lock bags of 50 for 22.50 with a limit of 1, I was at a shop on Thursday that when someone came in and said I need Ammo the comment the owner said “I have some, but I’m saving it for people who buy guns, try back on Friday, I might have some then”

imho we’re at the beginning of this “shortage” it’s gonna get worse before it gets better!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What’s the point in trying to get all into 9mm technology when there’s no ammo to be had? Are we getting starved out? How long does it take for mfr to gear up for demand? At what point do shooters abandon 9mm for more available ammo?

Do you remember the Obama years? If you didn't learn than, learn your lesson now. Not being offensive, but this stuff going to happen more and more.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Buy when your budget allows and don't pass on any deals you may see. You will "REGRET" it as some are right now.

Say it with me, boys: BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP.

What have I told you lo these many years . . . other than the stuff about rhino? Right, buy it now and store it up. I spent more on Gladiator shelves than some of you did on ammo purchases. The shelves will hold 1,000 pounds a shelf, that's a lot of rounds.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Do you remember the Obama years? If you didn't learn than, learn your lesson now. Not being offensive, but this stuff going to happen more and more.

And/Or Sandy Hook. Except for the noobs which I have a bit of sympathy because they are just getting started, anyone else that's of age since Sandy Hook, no way, no sympathy, sorry. And I'm not trying to be a jerk. YMMV.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The stores around me have had less than usual, but just a couple of days ago, I picked up another 150 rounds...it was about two dollars more a box than before though. I have been buying ammo, especially 9mm, here and there for years. I get more than I shoot, so I have accumulated a pile of it.

I think if you look around, you'll find some. I do have to admit, that .40 S&W is around quite a bit though.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    What’s the point in trying to get all into 9mm technology when there’s no ammo to be had? Are we getting starved out? How long does it take for mfr to gear up for demand? At what point do shooters abandon 9mm for more available ammo?

I wont ever have to abandon 9mm. Over the past 4 years my stock has became a little crazy after seeing what happens after a school shooting now. I really never thought id say I have enough stock but unless i buy an auto in the next couple years which is a probability.

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    I too am alarmed at the sudden jump in 9mm. I luckily bought a case just before covid hit. However, it’s not enough to shoot and practice nearly as much as I had planned. Even the 22lr I use is hard to find and if you do it’s getting expensive

reloading is something I don’t tread into lightly. I’ve never been around it and am not eager to work with powder. Doesn’t mean I’ve marked it out, I just know how much capacity I have for new hobbies (none).

im coming to a crossroads. Do I go full in and reload or just scale back the amount I shoot because either way is now too expensive.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    OK we have been over this road many times since Sandy Hook.

-We have openly discussed in this forum that anything pops up we will be searching for ammo as the existing supply's will be gone.
    -We have always stated that having an ample reserve on hand is more than prudent.
    -Buy when your budget allows and don't pass on any deals you may see. You will "REGRET" it as some are right now.
    -If you buy as you shoot then this is what you get. And it is not the 1st nor will it be the last time we see this.
    -I have 2 life long friends that buy as they shoot. A range trip meant stopping for ammo on the way. Ever since I have known them, and they have not changed. I got a call just a day or so back.......Hey mouse you have any 9mm.......Me,sure why.........I need some..........Me, so what am I to do.........Sell me some.......Me, :lmfao:

You are either prepared or just sucking oxygen peoples.
    No knock on the OP. This is all too common.

Seriously, we cant get anything "Geared up" with this invented political virus shutting everything down.

I have seen you posting about this several times - seems like some just can't learn! I also have stated this when ammo and firearms were dirt cheap. Like you I have no worries about running out of any caliber ammo I regularly shoot. If some that are complaining now would have given up their regular Starbucks or other non-essential costs, they could have bought some bulk ammo and put some back for these times.

I just wonder how many will change when this is over (which may be awhile) and purchase in bulk when it is available and cheap? From what I have seen probably not a large percentage!

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    . . .
    I just wonder how many will change when this is over (which may be awhile) and purchase in bulk when it is available and cheap? From what I have seen probably not a large percentage!

German philosopher Friedrich Hegel: “The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.”

Almost no one will change their behavior.

The quote is attributed to different people.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Another possible solution is to have the ability to shoot more than one caliber. You can own more than one caliber pistol. I have a Glock 23 in .40 S&W when that was 'the thing' to have. I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for it and some 9mm mags. Now I can use it to shoot either caliber. I also have a .45 LC & ACP.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    And while I have been known to help out a friend with a box of 50 or so defensive rounds I had stocked up from thanks to an alert here about a good deal, I'm not ABOUT to dip into my reloading supplies and be the ant that helps the grasshopper. Sorry. Its not my fault you were not aware of the need to back stock enough ammo. Its not expensive and doesnt take up tons of room. In my case of actually helping, it was a new gun owner that doesnt typically carry because he is still getting comfortable with guns. He realized shortly after the last run on ammo that he never even considered defensive ammo even though he now has guns at home for defense. I dont mind helping out with a box of the good stuff in that situation.

If you 'help' a friend, what are you teaching them? To call you when they need ammo. Better to let them learn the lesson now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    German philosopher Friedrich Hegel: “The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.”

Almost no one will change their behavior.

The quote is attributed to different people.

I did! I started buying components knowing at the end of last year I'd need to reload and wanted to be ready for shortages. I saw the writing on the wall. I have several years worth at my current consumption rate.

If you 'help' a friend, what are you teaching them? To call you when they need ammo. Better to let them learn the lesson now.

No. I knew a friend needed help so I LOANED him 1 box of defensive ammo. When he is able to find it at a reasonable cost, he'll give it back. Actually, he may have already found some and repaid me. I cant recall. Either way I dont care. I know this friend would give me the shirt off his back if I needed it.

I have another friend that I dont know all that well. He is just bought his first gun and IM'd me for suggestions finding some. I said I was sorry he was having such trouble, and that the panic had increased 9mm by 1/3, but if he needed any he should buy it by the case when he finds it on ammoseek.

Top Bottom