Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It's the matching chromosomes. And the lack of pink I wear. And the lack of fear I have towards men... Maybe it's the confidence that they can see... Don't know. Don't care. I want this fixed.

Basically the fact that you act like an EQUAL and not subservient and meek?

Yep, totally an issue. Now go get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To the OP. I would just tell the co-workers when they asked why you carry a gun that it's because you don't feel confident in their ability to protect you in the event that SHTF. Then I would go about finishing my yummy cupcake.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    TOTALLY AWESOME.
    Proof.
    (Except, this is taken from their website... I think.)
    Scarletts_Velvet1-257x300.jpg

Man, I almost went into a diabetic coma just looking at that thing. I do love a good sugar high, unfortunately I have about 50 pounds that my lower back REALLY wants to go away.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    It's the matching chromosomes. And the lack of pink I wear. And the lack of fear I have towards men... Maybe it's the confidence that they can see... Don't know. Don't care. I want this fixed.

There's a lot of misogyny still out there. It may be less prevalent now in an official capacity like workplace discrimination (not that I'm saying it's not there - it is), but there's still a lot of guys out there who don't like it when women think/act as equals. Or do anything that is seen as traditionally masculine in their woefully tiny minds (such as carrying a weapon).

I apologize for the behavior of my sometimes-idiot gender.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Consider this; if you leave the gun in the car and someone breaks into the car and steels the gun you have contributed to arming a felon. It's always a better idea to take it with you if you can.
    As to your co workers, I can't see why they were so upset when management and the other patrons apparently didn't care.

YOu Go Girl

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    "YOU have YOUR GUN on you?! WHY?!"

To which you reply: "Because a cop is just too damn heavy to carry all the time."

Personally, you should tell them to kiss your a**. Ask them if they have a fire extinquisher in their house and why. You have one and don't expect to use it, but you have one just in case the house catches on fire. I find it appauling that they treated you so badly over you excercising your 2A and god given right to defend yourself from the scum of the earth.

Stick to your guns (pun intended) and keep fighting the good fight girl! :patriot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That should more than make up for the bad behaviour of your coworkers! Red velvet cake! Yum. Too much icing in that picture, tho, (not that that would stop me from eating it).

Ooooohhh...I disagree. You can never have too much icing!

Caity, I say **** on them. It's too bad they have that attitude, but they have the right to be wrong and hateful. You also have the right to not go to lunch with them again. Sounds like you did ok. You might want to think about your position and better prepare yourself to verbally spare with anti-gunners in the future.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Bah! Sorry for your poor experience.

Sounds to me like your male co-workers are a tad insecure around a strong, confident, and well-armed woman! Fail on their part.

Next time, you drive and they can ride shotgun. Go about your routine as normal. If they whine, they can walk!

What he said, your co-workers are just jealous because your gun is a higher caliber than theirs!!:laugh::rockwoot:

Oh yeah, it sounds like your co-workers are douches! (Douchei?)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry for the bad situation. I've had a few similar with some trusted friends (although I'm male and it was female friends). I've found in almost every case they are curious how I'll respond more than anything.

The key is not to stoop to their level. If they are being rude or childish, show them you are a responsible adult. Educated them on the law, and for your reasons. Perhaps you can even point them to some real world examples where a person carrying a gun saved their friends from further harm. Maybe even invite them to come shoot with you.

One of my mutual friends took a long time to warming up to the fact that I carry a gun whenever and where ever it is legal to do so, including at back-yard cook-outs, etc.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You have to expect some comments when you OC though.
    I know what you're saying, but I disagree.

That's why I carry concealed always. You don't have to ask permission if they don't know, and you have a tactical advantage in that perps don't know you have the ability to terminate them.
    She can't CC yet legally.

And yet I've never had any issues. And wear a big ugly black gun with a mag extending and inch and a half beyond the mag well in plain view of anybody. I think it's the Kentucky inbreeding. :D ;)

I've never been one to allow myself to be frustrated at douches acting douchey. F**k 'em.

Take these words to heart, catielynn. Age and experience has a way of driving home that the opinions of others don't count for much.

Consider this; if you leave the gun in the car and someone breaks into the car and steels the gun you have contributed to arming a felon. It's always a better idea to take it with you if you can.
    As to your co workers, I can't see why they were so upset when management and the other patrons apparently didn't care.

YOu Go Girl

It wouldn't bother me in the least, except the part about actually losing my firearm.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Just tell them that you're not asking their permission. If they still give you grief, tell them that you're not going to apologize just because your balls are bigger than theirs are.

Top Bottom