Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Be careful - some INGO'ers will organize a OC rally at your parkinglot if you get fired...

I'm game. The day that happens, we're totally going to have to make an informal meet-and-greet/rally if you guys would travel to the outskirts of Louisville. ;)

Well, it'd have to be AROUND the parking lot....because we couldn't stay on their property if they asked us to leave. But sidewalks are public property!

No sidewalk. However, we could just stand in the field next door. It'd weird them out... I'd find so much humor in it. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have not, because that documentation is not accessible to me. We have two smaller cameras to monitor license plates as they go in and out, and one watching the whole parking lot.

When I was hired, I never filled out any paperwork with the company policies on it. It's kind-of an awkward understanding, but I'm a co-op student. I'm not a full-timer, I'm in my own category. It's a bit strange, but I honestly signed no paperwork other than the information with my social, and drivers license and a waiver that I wouldn't sue the company if I got hurt on the job. I still have yet to see this 'company handbook' that everyone refers to. I even requested one today, and the girl I asked looked at me funny. I don't know.

This company is like 54 people, seriously. It's not that big of a place, and it really is in the sticks. I love the place I work, but I question some things now. I mean, goodness, when I started they were selling 'white paper', other wise known as the beer slot, from the coke machine.

I find it odd, or strange, or whatever that this magical policy came about two weeks ago. I never saw anything go across through email or company notice and I'm pretty on top of that stuff.

I told BlueEagle earlier, if I get reported, and asked to not ever again, then I won't go out to lunch. At least not with them. I also implied that I would like to see it in writing, post dated before I started, or at least at the beginning of this year. To write something into the company policy *after* a questionable situation arises, that stings a bit. And I mean, honestly, I can just go to the president of the company and ask his opinion. It's not like I've never spoke to him before.

I can lay everything out to him, and explain it all... That's fair right? Maybe a little much, but fair.

If it were me, I'd lie low. Sometimes these things go unaddressed until there's a stink or if management is forced to take a position. If you force them to make a statement, you may not like what they say. I agree about asking for the handbook, I'd just be nonchilante about why you are asking...

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I don't think it is an OC issue....I think you need to eat unch with an intellegent group of people next time.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If it were me, next time you go to lunch with this group of Sissy little *****es. Tell them to do something useful since they are wearing panties and take out the dishes...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Catie, how about either giving the "men" involved these links or printing them out and laying them on their desks? Ask them what their plan is if they are caught in that kind of situation.
    Luby's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck, little sister.

Honestly, the part that got me the most was the lines, 'she's just showing off' and 'ZOMG YOU HAVE A GUN?! WHAAAAT?!' I mean, the second one was from a guy old enough to have a child my age. I felt so completely disrespected as a woman, let alone by a man old enough to be my father.

He tried to play it off on the way back, but I think they all knew I was fuming. However, whistling the theme for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was not exactly what I wanted to walk back into work hearing. I tolerate everything to a point, but dear lord, it needed to stop. Especially when they wouldn't let me finish a sentence, or try and disrupt my logical argument. They're engineers for goodness sake! They should understand LOGIC!

Once again I have been allowed to grow a little faith in society, and obviously, it was murdered in cold blood again.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    LOL!

Why didn't ya?! :dunno:

Where you scared?!
    Were they Stronger than you?!

:popcorn:

Nope, it was the middle of church. Figured, not the best time to turn around and slug someone. He started it though, and then HAD THE NERVE to tell me, 'You won't punch me, you're a girl!', which really just set me off. I got 'the look' from one of the ladies on the platform watching it go down.

If I ever see that guy again, he will be getting a well deserved punch.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Nope, it was the middle of church. Figured, not the best time to turn around and slug someone. He started it though, and then HAD THE NERVE to tell me, 'You won't punch me, you're a girl!', which really just set me off. I got 'the look' from one of the ladies on the platform watching it go down.

If I ever see that guy again, he will be getting a well deserved punch.
    You should have taught him what turn the other cheek really means... :D

Top Bottom