Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I think we need a Pic of the OP OC'ing to decide if it is offense, or even note worthy for that matter...

I second this motion

Third! I know her, so I know what she looks like, but I still think it'd be hilarious.

Okay boys, cool your jets. Here you go. Don't make me regret this. :)
    Pst, you hate on my gun, we can't be friends. It's mine, for a reason.

IMG_20120420_184350_Sophia_Clean_Hassel.jpg

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Maybe it is that they find your confidence emasculating. Don't let them bother you, if you want to OC, then OC. Personally, I CC.....however, I support everyone's right to carry....however, they see fit.

BTW, on a side note....maybe you've answered this before, but is you avatar your martial arts black belt? If so, that could be another reason your male coworkers feel insecure around you (yes, they are insecure..that is why they confronted you). I only ask because it reminds me of my oldest son's black belt.....his name on one end and something in Korean written on the other.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sorry your coworkers are such pansies, Catie. I'd say if they raise the issue again, offer to buy them a bottle of Midol.... But I don't want to either trivialize PMS or insult women by doing so.

Do what works for you and don't apologize for it. The problem is theirs, not yours.

ETA: nice pic. It has nothing to do with what happened, but it's a nice pic.

Blessings,
    Bill

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The Bible sez a soft answer turns away wrath. If the initial remark from someone about OC is hostile or confrontational I would just smile and say "I don't want to talk about it while eating lunch, (doing my hair, washing the clothes, or whatever.) I they follow up, then smile again and state a little more firmly, "I said I didn't want to talk about it. It's personal to me. Please don't push it."

If they try to engage in further discussion then just smile and don't answer. Just smile some more and pretend you didn't hear them.

BTW, this is guaranteed to work no matter the subject, such as when are you having kids, are you getting married, what are you going to do about your sister acting up, and almost anything else. Works with mothers, mothers in law, nosy neighbors, and yes, coworkers.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You look terrifying with that gun on...I can see why they freaked out.

(this post was made in the spirit of purple)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I am not going to hate on your Pistol, a woman should like Tupperware....

You do need to get something that looks a little more classy. Something like a nice Sig P22X Series, or along the lines M1911A1 lines. In a nice Leather Holster... :popcorn:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I can't quite make out what you're carrying.

But I do appreciate the pic, especially since you didn't over use the vignette. (photographer) +1 to you.

It is a Taurus 709 Slim. :) 7+1 today. BlueEagle should be proud.

Also, thanks for the photo comment. I try, and that was just with an app on my phone.

It's been a hectic day since... oh, 12:15 when all this started. Monday might even be better. >.>

Edit: And, the only reason I can quantify putting a photo up is because at this point, you guys don't scare me to much. I'm okay with the snide woman comments, but forewarning, I can fling mud too. I go to school with all boys, and I work with all boys. Obviously not men, but that's another conversation for another day. Engineering school and the profession help make you immune to the women-in-the-kitchen comments.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

You are probably my daughters age, but I would OC with you anywhere! LOL

I don't OC mainly because of very excitable people.

Funny story though, I went to a party at a doctor's house and another couple that I know carry were there and we compared weapons. Later during a pub crawl bicycle ride he found out we had the guns in his house. He was shocked. Later during the ride we were going through an area that he thought questionable (like the areas I have lived all my life) and asked if I was packing.

These people, like your coworkers, will be the first to ask you if you are carrying if they feel threatened.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I don't OC mainly because of very excitable people.

Waaaaiiitt... others being all excitable, or OC'ers being all excitable?
    Clarify please.

Later during the ride we were going through an area that he thought questionable (like the areas I have lived all my life) and asked if I was packing.

These people, like your coworkers, will be the first to ask you if you are carrying if they feel threatened.

Would it be nice to lie and say no. Watch the fear for a second, and then laugh it off and be like, 'Did you really believe that?'

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Waaaaiiitt... others being all excitable, or OC'ers being all excitable?
    Clarify please.

Would it be nice to lie and say no. Watch the fear for a second, and then laugh it off and be like, 'Did you really believe that?'

Other people obviously.

I did say no. I told him that there were 6 of us and that if we could not handle a situation, we didn't need to be out and about. Cracked me up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Catie, have you checked your employer's policies, especially with regards to firearms? Would your co-workers be the types to report you?

I saw the post that asserted that KY's laws were similar to IN's regarding firearms in employees' cars. But when you took your gun out of your car to get in your co-worker's car, technically, you had the gun on your employer's property. Be careful.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Catie, have you checked your employer's policies, especially with regards to firearms? Would your co-workers be the types to report you?

I saw the post that asserted that KY's laws were similar to IN's regarding firearms in employees' cars. But when you took your gun out of your car to get in your co-worker's car, technically, you had the gun on your employer's property. Be careful.

Good advice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not going to hate on your Pistol, a woman should like Tupperware....

You do need to get something that looks a little more classy. Something like a nice Sig P22X Series, or along the lines M1911A1 lines. In a nice Leather Holster... :popcorn:

Now that would be appealing.

Sounds like your co-worker is t more the girl, tell him I said so......;)

I CC for these reasons. If and when it is exposed it is in my hand.....just saying

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville

I have not, because that documentation is not accessible to me. We have two smaller cameras to monitor license plates as they go in and out, and one watching the whole parking lot.

When I was hired, I never filled out any paperwork with the company policies on it. It's kind-of an awkward understanding, but I'm a co-op student. I'm not a full-timer, I'm in my own category. It's a bit strange, but I honestly signed no paperwork other than the information with my social, and drivers license and a waiver that I wouldn't sue the company if I got hurt on the job. I still have yet to see this 'company handbook' that everyone refers to. I even requested one today, and the girl I asked looked at me funny. I don't know.

This company is like 54 people, seriously. It's not that big of a place, and it really is in the sticks. I love the place I work, but I question some things now. I mean, goodness, when I started they were selling 'white paper', other wise known as the beer slot, from the coke machine.

I find it odd, or strange, or whatever that this magical policy came about two weeks ago. I never saw anything go across through email or company notice and I'm pretty on top of that stuff.

I told BlueEagle earlier, if I get reported, and asked to not ever again, then I won't go out to lunch. At least not with them. I also implied that I would like to see it in writing, post dated before I started, or at least at the beginning of this year. To write something into the company policy *after* a questionable situation arises, that stings a bit. And I mean, honestly, I can just go to the president of the company and ask his opinion. It's not like I've never spoke to him before.

I can lay everything out to him, and explain it all... That's fair right? Maybe a little much, but fair.

Top Bottom