• ...and so much more!
  • JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Wow.:(

Sounds like she might have been the little POS's main target.

I'm usually a facts and numbers guy, and avoid gossip. I showed my wife this post and the soccer mom gossip in town she's heard from multiple moms was that the boy had recently asked her out and was turned down. Again; hearsay and rumors, and we know how wrong that can be in these situations, but the facts of 7 shots makes her seem targeted and the rumors previous to this new information certainly support that narrative.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Has there been any confirmation in whether the shooter is 13 or 14?

I see a lot of reports stating IF he’s 13 or younger he cannot be tried as an adult, but nothing stating his age.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I have yet to see any word of where he got the guns and what they were. Anyone know?

M
    I have seen several reports they were his father's guns but I can't say that as an absolute fact.

there were also reports this kid was "playing with guns" in the neighborhood before. But who knows. Could have just been squirt guns or Airsoft. There are a lot of comments on social media to prosecute the parents. I think it really depends on whether there were obvious warning signs. Teens are so unpredictable yet some responsible teens have defended themselves and siblings in a home invasion.

My kids did not have access at this age. Our thoughts were you need to first be well-trained, and we need to feel you are stable and responsible. They lost their interest in training at about age 14, so there was no consideration of giving them access. At age 19, my son has matured and did very well in a handgun class in May. He's home cleaning my guns today :)

Anyway, I am not in favor of automatically prosecuting parents when a teen has a gun. Circumstances and background matter.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Has there been any confirmation in whether the shooter is 13 or 14?

I see a lot of reports stating IF he’s 13 or younger he cannot be tried as an adult, but nothing stating his age.

I don't see anything confirming his age anymore, but early in the day of the shooting I recall hearing the media say he was 13 and the news even let his name slip on a live report from a student which was later redacted. Social media posts and checking with the gossipy soccer mom circuit with ties to the school say 13 also. Take that for what its worth.

I have heard people complaining locally that he won't be tried as an adult, and that just popped up over the weekend. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere I read that a 13 y/o can be charged as an adult if the crime is particularly heinous. Original narrative was that wasn't likely given no homicides as of yet. Release of details of Ella's shooting may have been timed as a response to that.

I pray for her speedy recovery.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's why this age/name secrecy thing is a problem. No one can look into warning signs that authorities seem to so readily miss these days. We cannot learn what to keep and eye on for the future.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That's why this age/name secrecy thing is a problem. No one can look into warning signs that authorities seem to so readily miss these days. We cannot learn what to keep and eye on for the future.

You can get all of the facts without using the name. The name and photos are what makes them infamous and affects copycats.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    First of all, he would be a Boy Scout.

Second, most Boy Scouts are bespectacled and dweeby nerds.

Third, those bespectacled and dweeby nerds become Eagle Scouts and eventually business leaders of tomorrow. The jocks, not so much.

:): Aside from the current situation, which is no joking matter, my wife and I had this same conversation over the weekend and reading this post cracked me up! Our boy was in the 'Scouts' (they aren't Boy Scouts anymore right) a while back and even he said they were all nerds! He's more of the athletic crowd. I joked that the jocks turn out to be high school biology teachers / coaches while the nerds become millionaires. Good thing for my boy is that I see him socializing in all the circles of kids but at 10 he's starting to see the differences which is what sparked the conversation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can get all of the facts without using the name...

Yet this is not being done? :dunno:

We know nothing about this shooter, his interactions on social media, his interactions with law enforcement, his school disciplinary problems, his family issues. All of the warning signs that may or have not been there.

The copycat theory is just that, a theory. A theory that is much bandied about, but certainly not proven. Proven any more than any number of other theories including the use of unchecked social media activity or access to unsecured firearms.

We don't even know if this kid was copycatting any other school shooters vs a severely mental jilted lover out to murder the one girl?

I don't disagree with intentionally not using the shooters name when it is known, to not make them a lunatic "hero." However the name needs to be known to the public to be followed up on as to the shooter's motivation.

Presently, the few that know the shooters name are comprised of mainly those who would not readily benefit from details coming out or accountability being questioned? :dunno:

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Yet this is not being done? :dunno:

We know nothing about this shooter, his interactions on social media, his interactions with law enforcement, his school disciplinary problems, his family issues. All of the warning signs that may or have not been there.

The copycat theory is just that, a theory. A theory that is much bandied about, but certainly not proven. Proven any more than any number of other theories including the use of unchecked social media activity or access to unsecured firearms.

We don't even know if this kid was copycatting any other school shooters vs a severely mental jilted lover out to murder the one girl?

I don't disagree with intentionally not using the shooters name when it is known, to not make them a lunatic "hero." However the name needs to be known to the public to be followed up on as to the shooter's motivation.

Presently, the few that know the shooters name are comprised of mainly those who would not readily benefit from details coming out or accountability being questioned? :dunno:

I agree, it is frustrating that there is not yet any official description of the motive, the shooter's past etc. We would all benefit from that information to eventually help inform parents and teachers what to look for. In the community all seem to know his name, and it was pushed out on local tv the day of the shooting. Being one of the households that got the Active Shooter call from the school district and could hear the sirens all morning my ass was glued to multiple tv's, the web and social media. A lot of the then live interviews that aired with this information have been cleaned up. Now we're just left with the rumor mill stuff. There were later news reports of previous law enforcement interactions but nothing official that I know of. Not hard to find the shooters name and thus additional reports with a bing search. I do feel for his family as well; if they were gun enthusiasts as one news outlet reported, one of the parents could be a fellow INGO'er. If they missed something, we might be able to learn from them too. If they were truly negligent, could be another story. Right now we just don't know; and yes, it's frustrating.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, it is frustrating that there is not yet any official description of the motive, the shooter's past etc. We would all benefit from that information to eventually help inform parents and teachers what to look for. In the community all seem to know his name, and it was pushed out on local tv the day of the shooting. Being one of the households that got the Active Shooter call from the school district and could hear the sirens all morning my ass was glued to multiple tv's, the web and social media. A lot of the then live interviews that aired with this information have been cleaned up. Now we're just left with the rumor mill stuff. There were later news reports of previous law enforcement interactions but nothing official that I know of. Not hard to find the shooters name and thus additional reports with a bing search. I do feel for his family as well; if they were gun enthusiasts as one news outlet reported, one of the parents could be a fellow INGO'er. If they missed something, we might be able to learn from them too. If they were truly negligent, could be another story. Right now we just don't know; and yes, it's frustrating.

Today it was reported he shot that young girl 6 times. That seems very personal to me. She may have been the target all along.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    See something, say something, be ignored for any host of not profiling issues. I think you have to be a very specific person for anyone to take note...like an NRA member.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    BREAKING NEWS: The 13-year-old suspect in the shooting at Noblesville West Middle School will not be tried as an adult. Read the prosecutor's explanation in the WTHR app.
    https://www.wthr.com/article/charge...l-shooting-suspect-will-not-be-tried-as-adult
    (Via WTHR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the legislature is now going to change that statue to "attempted murder" being reason to move a juvenile into adult court. I can understand why it only said "murder" to begin with but when the actions are very clearly "murderous" the crime is the same regardless of end result.

CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if the legislature is now going to change that statue to "attempted murder" being reason to move a juvenile into adult court. I can understand why it only said "murder" to begin with but when the actions are very clearly "murderous" the crime is the same regardless of end result.

Everything I have heard points to him targeting that girl. If this is true would that not change this in some way.
    This young man is obviously deeply troubled. But at his age what else can the system do with him.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wverything I have heard points to him targeting that girl. If this is true would that not change this in some way.
    This young man is obviously deeply troubled. But at his age what else can the system do with him.

What happens when the public loses faith in the justice system?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom