• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I disagree. Forward a copy to the authorities and delete that crap. We don't need to leave it up for a bunch of amateurs to play the "which tribe can I blame for this" game and provide noteriety, name recognition, and a platform for the shooter's dumb message.

:+1:

We don't need to make them famous, and have their manifesto or whatever crap they posted online to stay visible.

Too bad the media still publish their names and pictures like they did with the pipe bomb dude.
    I rather hear about the victims, the police officers shots/killed, the first responders and all the good folks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DqhpJPTVsAEmiPn.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I disagree. Forward a copy to the authorities and delete that crap. We don't need to leave it up for a bunch of amateurs to play the "which tribe can I blame for this" game and provide noteriety, name recognition, and a platform for the shooter's dumb message.

:+1:

We don't need to make them famous, and have their manifesto or whatever crap they posted online to stay visible.

Too bad the media still publish their names and pictures like they did with the pipe bomb dude.
    I rather hear about the victims, the police officers shots/killed, the first responders and all the good folks.

Hide away the crap and we are then at the mercy of the how those in the know WANT to portray the terrorist. Much better to educate the masses of the evil that exists among us, even knowing there is a copycat evil component.

Perfect example is our Noblesville school shooter, protected by his age. Without names and records, we cannot learn how he went wrong. We cannot know how the authorities involved performed or didn't.

When we can't learn, we are destined to repeat.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So this week 21-27 Oct in Chicago

8 shot and killed

Total shot 54

No national coverage
    Not the breathless coverage we witness for this event it’s almost like nobody cares or wants to acknowledge the truth?

320 million or so people in the country you are gonna have a few “wingnuts” that are gonna shoot up blow up or kill people for dramatic reasons.
    Meanwhile in our urban area repeated murders happen everyday with no change in law enforcement or attitudes toward the victims.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There is an even better tweet from the shooter. He was very anti-Trump in it. But it contains a Jewish slur that probably would get me in trouble.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    At least Trump has, thus far, dismissed the idea of new gun laws. From what I've seen, he kept focus on securing places and stronger penalties for shooters. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Really surprised I have not heard the first word about weapon used. Wife’s been watching it for 3-4 hours.

Matt

Police now saying it was an AR-15 style rifle. The reaction on social media is pretty much what you would expect...

I've heard more that one reporter refer to "automatic weapon" :rolleyes: And that's on the channel supposedly most favorable to 2A folks?

Also heard "gun violence" stated more than once. :xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Press release right now says shooter had an "assault rifle" and three handguns.

Shooter has multiple gunshots and is in hospital.

Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    Thoughts and prayers for the victims and the families I saw on FNC that there were 11 dead 6 wounded including 4 officer. There needs to be stricter hate crime laws for the unfortunate situations like this, these victims were in a house of worship just a tragedy and there is already the calls for stricter gun control which is even more sickening

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thoughts and prayers for the victims and the families I saw on FNC that there were 11 dead 6 wounded including 4 officer. There needs to be stricter hate crime laws for the unfortunate situations like this, these victims were in a house of worship just a tragedy and there is already the calls for stricter gun control which is even more sickening

Generally, I don't like the concept of "hate crimes." The guy killed a bunch of people in a confined space, they just happened to be Jewish. If they were a combined group of whites, blacks, Catholics, Baptists, and Hindus, would it be that much of a difference?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree, love crimes should be prosecuted as strenuously as hate crimes and apathetic crimes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He should be executed for his crimes, so I am not sure what a hate crime enhancement gets you.

I have heard a couple of people on FNC talk about criminalizing "hate speech" now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree, love crimes should be prosecuted as strenuously as hate crimes and apathetic crimes.

Naturally Hate crime is an oxi-moron but specifically crimes where it is solely based on race creed or color... like this instance here and the comments made by the shooter.

He should be executed for his crimes, so I am not sure what a hate crime enhancement gets you.

I have heard a couple of people on FNC talk about criminalizing "hate speech" now.

My Point exactamundo^^^

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He should be executed for his crimes as soon as a guilty verdict is rendered, not after 10 years or more of appeals, so I am not sure what a hate crime enhancement gets you.

FIFY...

On second thought, he should be allowed to appeal. I would allow him 5 minutes.

Top Bottom