• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He should be executed for his crimes, so I am not sure what a hate crime enhancement gets you.

This.

Many laws have the ability to add aggrevating circumstances and penalties to particularly heinous crimes. Hate crimes are examples of PC run amuck.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This.

Many laws have the ability to add aggrevating circumstances and penalties to particularly heinous crimes. Hate crimes are examples of PC run amuck.

I agree with hate crimes in certain instances as enhancements. Such as intimidation. I think there's a significant difference in the message conveyed if one putting a burning bag of poop on the lawn of someone you don't like, versus a burning cross.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with hate crimes in certain instances as enhancements. Such as intimidation. I think there's a significant difference in the message conveyed if one putting a burning bag of poop on the lawn of someone you don't like, versus a burning cross.

Im not sure what the current penalties are but acts intended truly meant to intimidate and strike fear into others ought to carry stiffer penalties than acts of minor vandalism. No need to determine if "hate" was involved.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From this article, when asked about Pittsburgh's gun laws, Trump replied, "“this has little to do with it” and asserts that if they had “protection inside, the results would have been far better.”"

President Trump: "This would be a case for if there was an armed guard inside the temple, they would've been able to stop him, maybe there would've been nobody killed except for him"

https://www.wthr.com/article/pittsb...ad-suspect-armed-assault-rifle-and-3-handguns

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From this article, when asked about Pittsburgh's gun laws, Trump replied, "“this has little to do with it” and asserts that if they had “protection inside, the results would have been far better.”"

President Trump: "This would be a case for if there was an armed guard inside the temple, they would've been able to stop him, maybe there would've been nobody killed except for him"

https://www.wthr.com/article/pittsb...ad-suspect-armed-assault-rifle-and-3-handguns

Good Trump

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County

I don’t often agree with Trump, but am happy about this statement!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Andre Carson's statment:

“I am deeply saddened by today’s horrific attack at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. I stand in solidarity with the congregation, the family and friends of those affected, the people of Pittsburgh, and the entire Jewish community during this very difficult time. In this country defined by our religious freedom, this level of hatred and intolerance against peaceful worshippers is an affront to us all. As we support those who are suffering, we should all renew our efforts to spread tolerance and love to combat hate. While our thoughts and prayers are with those effected, this is not enough. No words can heal the hurt of families, mend the wounds of the survivors, and prevent the next shooting from occurring. Congress and the Administration must act and until then will remain complicit in tragedies like this one through inexcusable inaction.” – Congressman André Carson

I'm guessing that the last line is referring to gun control.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wonder what sort of medication this guy was on if any.

I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend the following:

Typically, three drugs are used in lethal injection. Sodium thiopental is used to induce unconsciousness, pancuronium bromide (Pavulon) to cause muscle paralysis and respiratory arrest, and potassium chloride to stop the heart.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you think that a white household would take that as less threatening than a black household today?

I think GFGT has it right. Intimidation should be very different than mere vandalism.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend the following:

Typically, three drugs are used in lethal injection. Sodium thiopental is used to induce unconsciousness, pancuronium bromide (Pavulon) to cause muscle paralysis and respiratory arrest, and potassium chloride to stop the heart.

real justice would be by one man firing squad using the gun he used.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What am I missing?

Pennsylvania has straight-forward gun laws and a number of handgun licenses that rivals Florida. I could find nothing that says there was a school on the premises, signs do not have force of law, there is no prohibition of firearms in houses of worship. Pa has a preemption law that stopped Philly and Pittsburgh from implementing a so-called assault weapons ban. In a 2017 study it was noted that Pa had over 1.275 million valid handgun licenses, 12.6% of the adult population. This is a huge Jewish Synagogue in an area with a large Jewish population. Antisemitism isn't a new thing anywhere.

Why wasn't there an armed response?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What am I missing?

Pennsylvania has straight-forward gun laws and a number of handgun licenses that rivals Florida. I could find nothing that says there was a school on the premises, signs do not have force of law, there is no prohibition of firearms in houses of worship. Pa has a preemption law that stopped Philly and Pittsburgh from implementing a so-called assault weapons ban. In a 2017 study it was noted that Pa had over 1.275 million valid handgun licenses, 12.6% of the adult population. This is a huge Jewish Synagogue in an area with a large Jewish population. Antisemitism isn't a new thing anywhere.

A lot of houses of worship are anti-gun despite what state law says. Just guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised if this place had such a policy. I know there are some in my church that have heart burn about gun, especially in the sanctuary. But I know there are a number of us that don't have such compunctions. ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What am I missing?

Its always taboo to blame the victims for being a victim but I've never been afraid to be taboo. People need to start giving a **** about their personal safety. Sometimes, laws be damned. I believe and I believe our founders and our constitution believed and backs up that a citizen has a fundamental right to defense that cannot be taken (legislated) away by any man or woman.
    Wake the hell up Americans. There are bad and crazy people in this world who want to hurt other people and there is no rhyme or reason to crazy. Defend yourselves. And if you are a church I believe you have a responsibility to encourage such a defense.
    Sometimes you become a victim because you act like a damn victim. You are an easy target. Dont be a target.
    Everytime this **** happens it only gets off the sick weirdos who have the same fantasies and we will continue to see more and more. Shoot them in the ****ing face. They do not deserve to be taken alive by the police.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    ....... I know there are some in my church that have heart burn about gun, especially in the sanctuary. But I know there are a number of us that don't have such compunctions. ;)

Same with our church. The pastor that just left, who had been to the range with me a few times, asked almost every Sunday "Whatcha carrying this week".
    He told me there were a few of us that carried every Sunday. He really liked my G43 with the IWB holster, was going to get one for Sunday carry.

Top Bottom