• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thoughts and prayers for the victims and the families I saw on FNC that there were 11 dead 6 wounded including 4 officer. There needs to be stricter hate crime laws for the unfortunate situations like this, these victims were in a house of worship just a tragedy and there is already the calls for stricter gun control which is even more sickening
    “Hate crimes”? We already have laws against murder, rape, assault, etc.
    Enforce the existing laws and we don’t need to make up this new ridiculous crap.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You can not prosecute for hate speech until hate crimes are thoroughly rooted in the collective psyche.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    “Hate crime” laws are only enhancements to make stiffer penalties. If the penalty for the crime of murder isn’t enough of a deterrent, I doubt any “enhancements” will have any effect. But it makes politicians and liberals feel better like they accomplished something.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    “Hate crime” laws are only enhancements to make stiffer penalties. If the penalty for the crime of murder isn’t enough of a deterrent, I doubt any “enhancements” will have any effect. But it makes politicians and liberals feel better like they accomplished something.

It is a ploy to make the uninformed think they care.

The only reason they make new laws is to make it look like there is a reason to keep them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Would they have been armed if they were? Not trying to be smart. Serious question.

Possibly a school on property? - https://www.tolols.org/tlc

Heavens no. They are not gun people. In fact, if I had to guess I would say they are likely anti-gun.

Their son (my friend and old college roommate) is very opposed to guns. He knows I am a gun guy and he asks that I not carry when I visit his house. I do respect that request. He does at least indulge me and is respectful when we talk about guns and gun violence, but I doubt he would ever own one.

I will be interested to talk to him about whether this incident will impact his views at all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Found out that my oldest nephew was a matter of blocks away from this (looks like 4).

He plays football for Geneva and they were playing Carnegie Mellon University at CMU. The coaches pulled them off the field and had them wait in the locker room.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    “Hate crimes”? We already have laws against murder, rape, assault, etc.
    Enforce the existing laws and we don’t need to make up this new ridiculous crap.

We need to make murder more illegal than it already is, like ultra-illegal or maybe uber-illegal. That will put an end to this, buy passing more laws that say the same thing as the laws we already have that we don't enforce or don't adequately punish offenders for. Yes!!! More laws about the same stuff in the current laws. That's what will fix this. We just need to say it again but this time be really angry, but not like a bully because that's bad. More like a stern principal but the kind that doesn't spank because that is threatening. Yes! Very stern in a sportive, sensitive way. That's what we need. That will fix the crazy in the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We need to make murder more illegal than it already is, like ultra-illegal or maybe uber-illegal. That will put an end to this, buy passing more laws that say the same thing as the laws we already have that we don't enforce or don't adequately punish offenders for. Yes!!! More laws about the same stuff in the current laws. That's what will fix this. We just need to say it again but this time be really angry, but not like a bully because that's bad. More like a stern principal but the kind that doesn't spank because that is threatening. Yes! Very stern in a sportive, sensitive way. That's what we need. That will fix the crazy in the world.

Double secret probation Illegal

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Double secret probation Illegal

Doubleplus ungood illegal even.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doubleplus ungood illegal even.

She makes a true statement.We do not need 1 more law. About everything is pretty well double covered. The law makers are loosing their value to me.
    Common sense gun reform will only effect common sense using law abiding legal citizens.
    No more laws. Enforce what is on the books. Catch them and keep them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Super secret, secret squirrel illegal.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Hope all these Do Gooders remember their passion for Hate Crime legislation when they stand before the loved ones of some murdered soul and try to explain that their loved one's death doesn't matter as much as someone in a special category.

Kill them all (murderers) with the death sentence, let God sort them out.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Hope all these Do Gooders remember their passion for Hate Crime legislation when they stand before the loved ones of some murdered soul and try to explain that their loved one's death doesn't matter as much as someone in a special category.

Kill them all (murderers) with the death sentence, let God sort them out.

Hate Crime legislation is for the busybodies. It fixes nothing. It's just a mechanism where people who WANT to do something CAN do something; it changes no outcomes. Murder is STILL murder. When you hear of a murderer having served his time after X years and you don't have a problem with that, you aren't helping hold anyone accountable for anything. An average life sentence is approximately how many years? It's not like the deceased gets to say..."Sweet, did 7 years and get to climb out of the dirt now."

Now, if we had a fast lane "You killed an innocent? Here, go to the front of the line...where there will be no waiting".

Top Bottom