• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looks like some folks are going to have to pay the BARR tab.

8LLCIlx.gif

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Very long and in depth interview with AG Barr. Was going to quote from it, but would end up quoting half of it.

Short version, FBI and intelligence surveillance of an opposing political candidate during an election is unprecedented in this country, and if done for the wrong reasons, is every bit as dangerous as foreign interference in our elections. He asked questions about whether standard procedures were followed - was it by the book - and got no good answers, only came away with more questions.

He appears straight-up to me, which is why many people are very afraid of him.

CBSNews: William Barr interview: Read the full transcript
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/willia...is-morning-jan-crawford-exclusive-2019-05-31/

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It looks like investigators will get a chance to interview Christopher Steele over his role in the creation of the bogus dossier that bears his name.

Both House and Senate Intelligence committees had made multiple attempts to get Steele to agree to be interviewed (at least when the House committee was still under Republican majority.)

It seems like interesting timing that Steele has agreed to talk now. I wonder what's behind the change in willingness.

According to The Sunday Times, former British Intelligence officer Christopher Steele, who was responsible for the infamous Trump “golden showers” dossier, will meet with U.S. investigators in London to speak of his relationship with the FBI.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48044/plot-twist-christopher-steele-will-meet-us-hank-berrien

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't help but wonder how many angry Republicans are part of this investigation. Do we know who they are yet?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Hopefully every investigator is an angry Republican. I don't like that this has become the standard for DOJ investigations, but it has been set (where it should have been universally denounced) and should be utilized equally.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The fact that every investigator was an angry Democrat lends credence to the conclusion that Trump did not break any laws.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The fact that every investigator was an angry Democrat lends credence to the conclusion that Trump did not break any laws.
    Exactly. If a Special Counsel team consisting of hand picked Democrats could’nt come up with any sufficient evidence to prove collusion/conspiracy then you would think that would be the end of it as far as Congressional Democrats claims are concerned but it’s not.

Which proves this whole thing is politically driven.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can't help but wonder how many angry Republicans are part of this investigation. Do we know who they are yet?

It seems like you’re making some point but I donMt get it

they should all be angry. 535 angry congressmen about what their government did. This is not Venezuela

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems like you’re making some point but I donMt get it

they should all be angry. 535 angry congressmen about what their government did. This is not Venezuela

I don't get it either. What did their government do? You seem to already know the answer, despite there being an ongoing investigation to try and figure out exactly what did happen. So I will defer to your insider knowledge, since you're in the "know" prior to the completion of the "official" investigation.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't get it either. What did their government do? You seem to already know the answer, despite there being an ongoing investigation to try and figure out exactly what did happen. So I will defer to your insider knowledge, since you're in the "know" prior to the completion of the "official" investigation.

FBI spied on Trump using foreign citizens and US citizens. They have admitted it. Time to find out why, and why they didn’t tell trump they were installing people into his campaign. What non-nefarious reason can you think of?

they used fake political opposition research paid for by his opponent to try to block him from winning and then remove him from office once elected. All of that is public knowledge. Innumerable felonies.

loretta Lynch met with Bill while she was investigating Hillary, so then comey had to “clear” Hillary, which he had no role to do. Sooo much deceit and illegality. Hillary intentionally destroyed evidence, acted illegally to avoid scrutiny, and was given a pass. Trump did nothing and they have vowed to destroy
    him. Eff that mess.

mueller hires weissmann to do the dirty work of “investigating” Have you seen weissmann’s history with Enron case? Talk about knowing a conclusion before you investigate

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    FBI spied on Trump using foreign citizens and US citizens. They have admitted it. Time to find out why, and why they didn’t tell trump they were installing people into his campaign. What non-nefarious reason can you think of?

they used fake political opposition research paid for by his opponent to try to block him from winning and then remove him from office once elected. All of that is public knowledge. Innumerable felonies.

loretta Lynch met with Bill while she was investigating Hillary, so then comey had to “clear” Hillary, which he had no role to do. Sooo much deceit and illegality. Hillary intentionally destroyed evidence, acted illegally to avoid scrutiny, and was given a pass. Trump did nothing and they have vowed to destroy
    him. Eff that mess.

mueller hires weissmann to do the dirty work of “investigating” Have you seen weissmann’s history with Enron case? Talk about knowing a conclusion before you investigate

The FBI "spied" on Trump? ...Well if that's what spying is, I hate to break it to you, but local/state/federal LE have been spying on the public since the creation of law enforcement agencies. So at least in my opinion, the only thing that would make me take pause, is the justification for such spying. If they were spying on Trump simply because he was a presidential candidate they didn't like, then that's a problem. If they were spying on him based on information involving potential wrongdoing, then I really don't have an issue with that type of spying. I imagine that the Barr investigation is meant to settle that question one way of the other.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Perhaps this will help.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPYING AND SURVEILLANCE?
    By Alpha Video Surveillance | September 14, 2017

Surveillance
    The concept of surveillance entails keeping continuous and close watch on an individual or group. It's a common dynamic security measure. Also, surveillance largely has legal authority regardles of the type of security cameras.

Spying
    Spying, on the other hand, deploys clandestine means to extract secret information. It is often without due authorization. Remember James Bond’s “The Spy who loves me?”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps this will help.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPYING AND SURVEILLANCE?
    By Alpha Video Surveillance | September 14, 2017

Surveillance
    The concept of surveillance entails keeping continuous and close watch on an individual or group. It's a common dynamic security measure. Also, surveillance largely has legal authority regardles of the type of security cameras.

Spying
    Spying, on the other hand, deploys clandestine means to extract secret information. It is often without due authorization. Remember James Bond’s “The Spy who loves me?”

Just a quick question.
    If a person associating with people who were known criminals, and information became available that the person might also be involved in criminality, would it be considered "spying" if law enforcement "checked up" on that person to determine if they doing illegal things?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The FBI "spied" on Trump? ...Well if that's what spying is, I hate to break it to you, but local/state/federal LE have been spying on the public since the creation of law enforcement agencies. So at least in my opinion, the only thing that would make me take pause, is the justification for such spying. If they were spying on Trump simply because he was a presidential candidate they didn't like, then that's a problem. If they were spying on him based on information involving potential wrongdoing, then I really don't have an issue with that type of spying. I imagine that the Barr investigation is meant to settle that question one way of the other.
    I believe Barr so much as said the reason for the investigation of the origins of the Russian investigation is to determine if FBI surveillance and counterintelligence methods were properly predicated, lawful and appropriate.

There have been a lot of questions about how this whole thing was conducted and I think there is merit for the Barr investigation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe Barr so much as said the reason for the investigation of the origins of the Russian investigation is to determine if FBI surveillance and counterintelligence methods were properly predicated, lawful and appropriate.

There have been a lot of questions about how this whole thing was conducted and I think there is merit for the Barr investigation.

There may be merit to the Barr investigation. I'm not saying there isn't. But the fact that there IS an ongoing investigation means that there has not yet been a decision as to whether the "spying," was justified or not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There may be merit to the Barr investigation. I'm not saying there isn't. But the fact that there IS an ongoing investigation means that there has not yet been a decision as to whether the "spying," was justified or not.
    That's pretty much what Barr told the house committee. He acknowledged that "spying" may have a proper role but it was his concern whether or not the spying was properly predicated. It just seemed that you were taking issue with what hoosierdoc posted and I think he gave a pretty fair accounting of the issues being investigated from my understanding.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    How about Infiltrate and Sabotage.
    Overseas we can shoot on site. On our own soil, done by our own people. That's at least a Traitorous offense.

BTW- Does anyone know what the count is of people Hillary has killed to keep her from getting caught?

Top Bottom