• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Folks in the Heartland to out west grow up with a poor understanding of what seafood should be.
    Its like those that think Indiana Beach is really the beach.
    They don't get its missing waves,salt and tides.
    Indiana Beach used to have a "beach", then they changed to to a big swimming pool with sand.

It is The Riviera of the Midwest. ;)
    Way back in the day it was pretty close, lots of folks from Chicago and parts near there would take the train down to Monticello. Al Capone owned a house under someone else name and used to visit the Sportsman's Inn on regular occasions, it was iirc across the river and a few doors down from it. A two minute boat ride or a 5 or so minute drive.

I've traveled fairly extensively. Extensively enough to know salt water isn't a requirement for a beach.
    Haven't traveled extensively, but I've swam in the ocean. And I agree, grew up in NWI and spent many a pleasant day at various beaches on Lake Michigan. Here's Webster's definition.

2a : a shore of a body of water covered by sand, gravel, or larger rock fragments

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    lol. Ask your local HS grads working as cashiers in town.
    Don't know of any. Do know some doctors and other professionals though. Guess you're the one with friends with low aspirations. :dunno:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...why are we denigrating people who have had no formal education beyond high school again? Seems irrelevant...and asinine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We do the Bacchanal Buffet at least once each time we go to Vegas. I believe it was.$100.00 a piece with tip.. Amazing Buffett
    Crap legs, large steamed shrimp, lobster claws, stone crab claws, oysters along with food and deserts from around the world.
    View attachment 231222

View attachment 231223
    Ahem...

1666215472797.png

Funny, I thought Las Vegas was "out west". So why would you spend that kind of money on obviously inferior seafood?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well poop. Too far for me to drive. Does Greencastle even have a beach?? And besides, it's not on the east coast, so it wouldn't be worth my time. :drama:

Road trip? Not too far for me to drive. It'd be tough to do before the end of the year, my social and professional calendar are bursting for awhile, but seriously if you want to go toward late December or 1st quarter next year I can drive. Maybe get @Route 45 to come along so he can make fun of my revolver on the trip. And I owe @KellyinAvon one.

And I'm pretty sure @Frosty said he'd buy...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Road trip? Not too far for me to drive. It'd be tough to do before the end of the year, my social and professional calendar are bursting for awhile, but seriously if you want to go toward late December or 1st quarter next year I can drive. Maybe get @Route 45 to come along so he can make fun of my revolver on the trip. And I owe @KellyinAvon one.

It would be pretty fun. But I'm saving up for a trip to the beach in Las Vegas. :thumbsup:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Damn right I’ll buy!

Mine…

Top Bottom