• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I wonder if the 4 people that have not been shown did not have any good footage of the 1st week or so.

Seems like people are not dropping out as quick as season 1. I wonder if the winner of this season will last longer than the season 1 winner.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Really liked season 1, and getting into season 2. As I was watching, I saw Mary Cate's accident waiting to happen the way she was trying to split wood -where she had her hands placed. The one guy may have lost his ferro rod in the fire so he may be toast unless he has another method to start a fire that works. I'm kinda suprised we haven't seen the full cast yet also -haven't picked a favorite yet. Kind of morbid but my buddy and I place bets on who's gonna tap out (hoping no one gets hurt). Not quite the Hunger Games but still......
    Enjoy,
    Wildcatfan

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Really enjoying this show so far. I can't believe people quit on the FIRST day. I understand being afraid of bears but damn. Did you do NO research? Find a good branch and make yourself a spear for petes sake. The dude is an embarrassment to humanity.

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    IIRC, a few people dropped out really quick last season.

Also this season no one has made a big deal out of getting a fire started, last year it seamed much harder.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Much of it seems to be the luck of the draw....If you are lucky enough to get a half way decent area to survive in, you should do pretty good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    IIRC, a few people dropped out really quick last season.

Also this season no one has made a big deal out of getting a fire started, last year it seamed much harder.
    The one guy that lost his firestarter will be dropping out shortly IMO. He was freaking almost immediately.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At first that woman's axe wound on her hand didn't look so bad. When they showed it right before they evacuated her, it was clearly a serious injury that needed immediate medical attention. That was a huge gash and I was disappointed to see her lose the chance to continue because of it. I suspect that low blood sugar and dehydration make these people more prone to such mistakes with their tools, but that's part of survival. The guy who puts the cover on his axe immediately after he finishes using it has programmed himself in a way that will prove helpful when he's less able to think clearly.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The one guy that lost his firestarter will be dropping out shortly IMO. He was freaking almost immediately.

That guy's attitude gets on my nerves. First it was "if I can't get a fire started, I'm out of here" and then next it was "if I can't get food I'm out of here." Well, how about "I'm going to make fire and then find food, that's what I have to do." I know I'm not out there, but he needs to keep his spirits up. There appear to be some really decent survivalists in this season!

At first that woman's axe wound on her hand didn't look so bad. When they showed it right before they evacuated her, it was clearly a serious injury that needed immediate medical attention. That was a huge gash and I was disappointed to see her lose the chance to continue because of it. I suspect that low blood sugar and dehydration make these people more prone to such mistakes with their tools, but that's part of survival. The guy who puts the cover on his axe immediately after he finishes using it has programmed himself in a way that will prove helpful when he's less able to think clearly.

It did look a lot worse when they showed it during the evac. She obviously didn't hit an artery though. I've cut myself pretty bad a few times but never gone to the hospital. Oh well, poor thing. I can't believe she cut wood like that though. I agree with the low blood sugar / dehydration comment.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Yeah, your attitude is EVERYTHING in a survival situation. You could see Desmond talking himself right off the show. His attitude was wrong. He thought of himself as prey instead of as THE apex predator.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I have watched hit and miss episodes of the show, I try to catch up in spurts. However I did contact the history channel about getting/being on the show. They replied, so I will see how it goes from here. Who knows maybe it will be on there LOL.
    One of my big questions is what do people do about there jobs? I mean Naked and afraid is only 21 days. This one can go much longer. I do know most of these shows pay a per episode rate.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    All caught up, yeah internet.

They didn't show the guy that made the fire blower stick thing last episode.

I like the guy with all the projects. I hope he doesn't over do it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    All caught up, yeah internet.

They didn't show the guy that made the fire blower stick thing last episode.

I like the guy with all the projects. I hope he doesn't over do it.
    Yeah, I think his name is Mike, he does seem to have a good grasp of things, but I'm not gonna get on his bandwagon yet, every body I thought had a good shot at winning, has gone home. I was really surprised the big gal tapped out, she was my favorite.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    It's a little early to know for sure with 7 out of 10 remaining but, I think the guy from Spain has the best shot at this point.

Jose Martinez Amoedo

Spanish special forces and foreign legion. Adopted by the Lakota Nation, has lived in the wild on 3 continents. Unless something unexpected happens I think he has the best shot.

Just my opinion. It's still early in the season.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom