• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I still think Jose has the best chance of winning. Nicole has the best location as far as catching salmon goes. Not so good as far as bears are concerned. David and Larry are kind of a surprise to me that they are still in. David did find a good food source with the crabs and Larry is getting mice.

I am really enjoying season 2.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I agree with your assessment. I'm thinking it will be Jose, and Nicole. I am so-so on Larry. He is so negative, and I think he'll be packing it up soon. He does crack us up with his mouth, they are constantly beeping the guy. I'd be surprised if David goes much longer. Kudos to Nicole, she's got balls being near those bears, and hiking part of their trail. She lasted longer than I thought, and they dont seem to show much of her.

The guy I was thinking would win it all is gone. Mike. He set up one bad camp, he was carving out dice and games. I thought it would have been him, Jose, and Randy. Looking forward to the last 3 episodes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You could also use it with the same trigger as the deadfall, but it would drop and catch the li'l bastich without squashing him.

Water would get more than one a time, though!

Either way, if you're going to eat mice, I would speculate that non-squashed is better than squashed.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    This last episode was interesting. I was surprised that Nicole tapped, but it made sense. She is there for a sense of accomplishment, and once she had that the pull of her children took over.

Based on what I am seeing, I can definitely see David and Larry being the last two, with Jose tapping next. Why? Jose is there for the sense of accomplishment too. Larry and (especially) David seem to be there for the money. David seems almost desperate to get the money for his children. That kind of desperation can override the sense of loneliness and boredom that broke so many other contestants (Nicole, Randy, Mike, Justin). In fact, you could add Tracy (the big girl) to that group. She tapped only because she felt bad about being mean to the bear cub. My bet is that if she REALLY needed the $500K she would have gotten over hurting the cub's feelings pretty quick.

It seems that only Mary Kate tapped because of an actual survival emergency (injury). It would be nuts if David wins the whole thing, but I can see it happening. He is the most desperate.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Once they passed the time that won it last year, I thought there would be a sense of desperation start.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I was bummed that Nicole tapped. I was pulling for her. Out of the 3 remaining, I would like to see Jose win it, then David. Not a fan of Larry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Desperation is a good motivator. In this case it's money, but it could also be life were this a real survival situation.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I finally got to watch the latest episode on DVR. I am a little surprised Nicole tapped but as someone mentioned up thread it seems that Nicole and Jose are there for the sense of adventure and accomplishment and it seems David and Larry are desperate for the money. Something, I admit, I didn't take into account.

Like Rhino said "desperation is a good motivator".

I would like to see Jose win it and still think he might if he can withstand the cold and the separation from his wife. However, after hearing Larry talk a little about his life I feel a bit of a connection with him. Married young, struggled to raise a family, had to work jobs he disliked to support that family, stayed with his spouse through tough times. Sounds a little familiar.....

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Good point on the desperation, but the winnings are only 500k which is a lot of money dont get me wrong, but not a complete game changer for someone their age. They are looking at 250-300k after taxes It will certainly help, but they are still going to need to work. They can pay off bills and put their kids through college. It would be nice to have that kind of money in the bank or to invest.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well, Jose was my boy so I have to eat some humble pie on that one. After Jose tapped I was rooting for Larry.

Congratulations to David though. He had a good food source and had the mindset to endure and win it. Looks like the prize money will be used to put his three kids through college.

Top Bottom