• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He knows you wear a gun on your hip? I say he was pressing buttons.

We were having a discussion, I think this last summer, about people NOT observing.
    He said he would notice if someone was concealing a gun.
    So I turned so he could better see the S&W model 19 on my hip. Jaw dropped.
    He didn't even notice the OC'd big honking revolver.

But, we have been talking and doing business for decades.
    He can have his opinion, I can have mine.
    He hasn't asked me to stop carrying.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I saw "Fury," the other day... not bad. It reminded me of a cross between the comics Sgt Rock and Haunted Tank, and the old Bogart vehicle "Sahara." Not nearly as good as "Sahara" or "Sniper."

***Spoiler Below, on Fury****

Did the German soldier see the guy under the tank. I was arguing this with my friend. I don't think he did.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A book store owner just asked me if I had seen "American Assassin".
    I said, "You mean American Sniper?"
    I didn't feel like getting into a discussion.

In his defense, American Assasin is a book. Quite a good book actually. It is in development to be made into a movie.

RIP Vince Flynn:(

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I saw "Fury," the other day... not bad. It reminded me of a cross between the comics Sgt Rock and Haunted Tank, and the old Bogart vehicle "Sahara." Not nearly as good as "Sahara" or "Sniper."

Did the German soldier see the guy under the tank. I was arguing this with my friend. I don't think he did.

Yeah he did... He just saw he was a "kid" and let him go.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ****Spoiler... still****

Yeah he did... He just saw he was a "kid" and let him go.

A "kid" that just helped smash a hundred or so of your buddies. I would have thrown a grenade under that tank after the hell those guys in the tank put those SS guys through.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ****Spoiler... still****

A "kid" that just helped smash a hundred or so of your buddies. I would have thrown a grenade under that tank after the hell those guys in the tank put those SS guys through.

There eyes met..... Maybe it was an attempt to humanize the Germans. :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There eyes met..... Maybe it was an attempt to humanize the Germans. :dunno:

It DID look like he saw him, but I figured there's no way in hell they would've left him alive. And you may be right about "humanizing" the Germans. for much of the film, it seemed like they were portraying the US soldiers as bad guys.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It DID look like he saw him, but I figured there's no way in hell they would've left him alive. And you may be right about "humanizing" the Germans. for much of the film, it seemed like they were portraying the US soldiers as bad guys.
    Very similar to "Saving Ryan" the German let the coward live in the stairway after he had just killed upstairs.

The movie did seem pretty negative at the beginning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Very similar to "Saving Ryan" the German let the coward live in the stairway after he had just killed upstairs.

The movie did seem pretty negative at the beginning.

Well the Private Ryan one made sense. The guy in the stairway had prevented the other guys from killing that German guy at the radar station/gun emplacement earlier. And when he passed by him, he was obviously paralyzed with fear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yes....he saw him. Light was right on his face.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ****Spoiler... still****

Seriously.....The Germans were marching to a known objective. Would you hang there and do battle with a tank after having 50 or more losses or just skirt that fortified resistance and saved the rest of your people. I would. The Tank was disabled. No pursuit possible.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe it was an attempt by the young German to regain some of his humanity.

You gun down that many of my buddies, and humanity be damned, I going to send you to meet your maker if I have the chance to put a stamp on your ***.

Top Bottom