• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If you mean try to see it from the other side's perspective, then yes. Is that a bad thing?

I think it's a good thing. But I guess it can be a troubling thing if others see it as just being a contrarian, or maybe as being critical of our servicemen. I've never served, but members of my family have represented in every American war since WWI, except for Viet Nam. My dad used to tell a story about when he was 11 in 1944 and he was home when a man delivered a telegram informing his mom that her first born son's plane went down in the south pacific and was lost. I only heard him tell that story a few times and I never heard him finish without crying, even the last time he told it at the age of 75. The loss of his oldest brother effected that family in a profound way.

My little brother just made Colonel in the Army. He's done three tours in Iraq during his time, and has been all over that country. My part was taking his boys to cub scouts and little league baseball while he was gone. We had slipped up one time when the boys were at our house and the news was on and there was a report of a fight with American deaths. We could explain that the place where the fight happened was not where their dad was, but I could tell by their faces that those little boys knew enough to know that it could have been. Talk about learning the hard way.

No, I've never served in the military and I don't know what it's like to do so. But I do know a little something about the effects and the damage done. I look at it in the way that I do and I just don't have the ability to see it from just one side.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've been to too many funeral processions, the end of the movie, I think they blew dust in my eyes.

I'll admit it, I cried like a baby

I've been home for about 40 minutes or so. I've just sat here trying to dissect what I just saw.
    Even the hubby got some dust in his eyes.

We were talking about it on the way home and I choked up so bad I couldn't talk.

just wow

Top Bottom