• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My wife and I just got home from seeing this movie. It was a packed house, the first movie I've seen in a long time that hardly had even one empty seat. Great movie. We paid $34 for two tickets, but worth it. A beautiful tribute to a real life American hero. Gives you an appreciation of what a true hero is really made of. And I couldn't help but think on the drive home, it also gives one an appreciation for the total lack of honor and virtue of our current POTUS, but sorry to bring that up. GREAT MOVIE!!! :patriot:

Suggestion. If you don't want to have to wait because the showing you showed up for is sold out, recommend buying your tickets on line a few hours ahead of show time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hathcok or Kyle? Which was the better. I'm going with "White Feather." Both awesome at their craft though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree . Hathcock was a hell of a man ,as was Kris ,but I also am going with White Feather

One of the great travesties in military history is how that guy didn't get a MOH for running into an armored vehicle that hit a mine (and was burning), and pulling out 7 guys. He ended up with burns on 90% of his body, and was initially awarded only a Purple Heart in 1969. In 1996, they finally gave him a Silver Star, but still it should have been a MOH.

Edit: AND he picked a guy off with a Browning M2 (mounted a scope on it) at over 2000m!

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    One of the great travesties in military history is how that guy didn't get a MOH for running into an armored vehicle that hit a mine (and was burning), and pulling out 7 guys. He ended up with burns on 90% of his body, and was initially awarded only a Purple Heart in 1969. In 1996, they finally gave him a Silver Star, but still it should have been a MOH.

Edit: AND he picked a guy off with a Browning M2 (mounted a scope on it) at over 2000m!
    :thumbsup:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

But did he beat up an old guy?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do wonder about how well adjusted a person can be after killing that many people. Does one ask for forgiveness? It's something I'm glad I don't have to think about.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had the honor of meeting Carlos and talking to him for awhile at his home in Pembroke. He was a heck of a guy. Even Chris acknowledges in his book that Carlos was still probably the greatest. Chris talked about how he had a much more target rich environment and that the sniper trade in Carlos' day was different than in his day.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I had the honor of meeting Carlos and talking to him for awhile at his home in Pembroke. He was a heck of a guy. Even Chris acknowledges in his book that Carlos was still probably the greatest. Chris talked about how he had a much more target rich environment and that the sniper trade in Carlos' day was different than in his day.
    Holy crap - that must have been awesome .... I do need to get Chris book and read it . Thank you for sharing that with us .

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

:yesway:....An' he'd be RITE.......CH used a simple Win Mod 70, I believe......nuth'n more'na simple glass......

(NOT ta take away from Kyle's skill/achievements, neither....)

Do you really think it's easy to live with having killed that many people? Regardless of whether they were all good kills or not isn't always the point.

:dunno:
    jus'a job, man.......simple's 'at......:dunno:

Top Bottom