• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    My wife will be gone next weekend so I'll try a matinee on Saturday.

My wife went with me, and said it is one of the best movies ever. She did jump and make a noise when young Chris shot his first deer...but that was intense to say the least

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife went with me, and said it is one of the best movies ever. She did jump and make a noise when young Chris shot his first deer...but that was intense to say the least

How much gore is there? any torture? She is very squeamish. I always took care of the kids injuries.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    He sued the estate.... If it's legit slander, with an illustrated loss, then living or dead Ventura is owed something from Kyle's estate.

He is still an ahole. Because one can do something, does not mean one should. Ventura made his choice and will be ridiculed for it all his days and beyond his death.

It's a great movie. Cooper should win the Oscar. Would of liked to seen the SEALS that was training up the Marines a bit more.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    He sued the estate.... If it's legit slander, with an illustrated loss, then living or dead Ventura is owed something from Kyle's estate.

I'd have sympathy for that if he didn't act like such a free ranging a-hole. It goes FAR beyond this issue. The movie just brought it to mind again.

And who is he to get on someone about fiction? Wasn't he a "professional wrestler?" So much for truth.

...And of course it is just my humble opinion. I'm sure he'll lose sleep over it.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How much gore is there? any torture? She is very squeamish. I always took care of the kids injuries.

She's not going to like watching one of the kids get shot then. The gore is not bad at all compared to a lot of war movies, but it is there. The kill shots are shown, but usually with a through and through wound with blood splatter behind the target.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    We went yesterday, didn't get in, sold out. The wife suggested we go see Taken 3. I had to advise her of our family ban on Neeson's films after his anti-American comments of late. We just came home.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Well, I've got tueday and wednesday off work(for now), so I think I will try to catch it on one of those days when it hopefully won't be so packed.

I was just going to wait til it came out on netflix or DVD, but you guys convinced me to go see it!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He is still an ahole. Because one can do something, does not mean one should. Ventura made his choice and will be ridiculed for it all his days and beyond his death.

It's a great movie. Cooper should win the Oscar. Would of liked to seen the SEALS that was training up the Marines a bit more.

Ventura alleged that he was a strong active supporter of the military, the SEALS in particular, and that the account attributed to him by Kyle in his book was not only false but damaged his standing with service members beyond repair. I know that after what Kyle said, he has been ridiculed by military guys on par with Hanoi Jane. If Venture is being truthful, I can't blame the guy for wanting legal satisfaction.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    I rarely go to movies, but have tickets with my grandsons this evening.
    Wonder if anyone will ever say the name "Jesse Ventura" without adding "that POS"? Of course, I think he deserves that designation regardless of whether or not he had a confrontation with Chris Kyle.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It was an excellent movie. I have seen, and like a lot of war based movies. I however think American Sniper by far is one of the best. I like that the entire movie was not based on war alone. That it showed the struggles of having a family state side, and a family in the suck. That he did not feel at home being away from his brothers. The struggle of his wife not knowing if he would come back to her alive, and not understanding the attachment to his team.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    The more i hear about the movie the better it seems to be. I hate to put money in the hollywood elites pocket, but i might have to break down and see this with the boss ( aka wife) .

I have not seen it yet, but I think the line about being "willing to meet my creator and answer for every shot I took"

Then i see this

Michael Moore Slams ?American Sniper? Chris Kyle As A ?Coward? | The Daily Caller

That ($UR*E* RE*$*$* Micheal Moore calls him a "coward". I wonder how many people would love to slap his fat face?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kyle has a record of honesty. Ventura has a record of... :rolleyes:

Actually, that's not true. He's been caught in a couple of embellishments (and I'm being polite). Look, Chris was a once in a generation soldier. He put his butt on the line for others, and that's makes him ok in my book, but let's not hold a guy none of us knew personally, as a role model. He as liable to hubris as any of us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The more i hear about the movie the better it seems to be. I hate to put money in the hollywood elites pocket, but i might have to break down and see this with the boss ( aka wife) .

I have not seen it yet, but I think the line about being "willing to meet my creator and answer for every shot I took"

Then i see this

Michael Moore Slams ?American Sniper? Chris Kyle As A ?Coward? | The Daily Caller

That ($UR*E* RE*$*$* Micheal Moore calls him a "coward". I wonder how many people would love to slap his fat face?

Michael Moore is an idiot. If he had read Kyle's book, he'd know that he wasn't anything near a coward. In fact, when the pickings got slim, he gave his rifle to a guy who "wanted" to be a sniper, and took his place clearing houses with a squad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interesting thing, is that this film is breaking all kinds of records $90m this weekend. In and of itself, I think it says a lot about American's perception, and appreciation, of the military.

Top Bottom