• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Clint, I forgive you for 'The Bridges of Madison County'.

Seriously though, he's getting better with age. It's been a long time since he's been associated with a stinker of a movie.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I just saw this in IMAX. Great movie! Everyone was quiet at the end when we left and one guy started clapping with everyone joining in. Very moving!

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    First movie I have been to that it was dead silent the whole way out. I was amazed at the fact that there were so many comments in the lobby on the way out of people that didn't know that he was killed or that it was based on a true story.
    The movie...like the book gives a glimpse into one persons mentality on war. Which, be it this recent or back to Thucydides, I enjoy.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Do you really think it's easy to live with having killed that many people? Regardless of whether they were all good kills or not isn't always the point.

I didn't say anything about it being easy to kill people. If you're asking for forgiveness, then you've committed a sin or done something wrong, which he did neither.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't say anything about it being easy to kill people. If you're asking for forgiveness, then you've committed a sin or done something wrong, which he did neither.

If you had the power to save one life, but two in need and asking for your help, would you ask for forgiveness from the other person you did not save, even though you have not sinned or done anything wrong?

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Great movie! Auburn was all sold out so they opened a 3rd theater and it was packed as well. Agree with the other comments never been to a movie with silence while everyone was exiting. The next showings were lined up so I am sure it is going to be sold out as well.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just got home. Sold out in Seymour. The movie obviously had to combine a lot of things to fit in the 2 hour slot, and the final scene is made for Hollywood (if you read the book it wasn't quite how it all went down). Of course the ending sucks, but we all know how the story ends. It was a little dusty at the end for sure.

The theatre was pretty somber at the end. Most folks watched the closing credits. A few stood up and walked out like you normally would. There were a few awkward claps at the end too. Pretty powerful film and a must see, even if it isn't 100% accurate to the book.

RIP Chris Kyle, your country is grateful for your service. :patriot:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Watched it in Pfield at 5 PM and was packed with a line to see the next showing . About 1/3 of the room clapped when it was over but it was DEAD silent after that .

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Missed the first showing tonight as it was sold out. We bought tickets then for the later movie. It was very powerful. I can see why Bradley Cooper got an Oscar nomination. My wife said it gave her a little faith in what is left of this country to see so many people there and all of them silent on the way out.

jlupacch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome movie. Saw it in IMAX Friday night. You could have heard a pin drop in the theater at the end.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Saw it tonight. The theater erupted in applause as footage came to an end.

I couldn't help but think about what an ass Jesse Ventura is. Honestly, I couldn't get that out of my head, and I felt guilty even having a brief thought of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Saw it tonight. The theater erupted in applause as footage came to an end.

I couldn't help but think about what an ass Jesse Ventura is
    . Honestly, I couldn't get that out of my head, and I felt guilty even having a brief thought of it.

Why is Ventura an ass?

Top Bottom