• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This was a post I made 5 years ago today (FB memory that popped up.)
    Brownells has Federal Lake City XM855 on sale plus they have dollars off and free shipping if you use the code. So 1000 rounds is only $284 to the door.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How are primers looking, Brian?
    Sorry, I've been so busy the last few days I missed your post. I finally have a day off today.

We have sold over a million primers in the last 3 days. While I have some more coming in sometime around early November that have already been allocated at current prices, I have no idea what future prices will be like...

We still have primers on the shelf, but they sell as fast as we put them out. We currently have a decent amount of small pistol and we are getting low on small rifle. We are sold out of large rifle (they did not last long when we had them). We have a few large pistol, and I think we are out of 209 primers (we might have 1,000 left).

We have every size except large rifle coming in on the next big shipment (it's possible we will get some, but I doubt it). I may begin to put limits on them again when we start to get low. If you are going to make a trip over, you can call ahead to inquire about inventory levels and we can hold them for a day or 2 until you can come get them.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Sales are still picking up. Ammunition and components are also still becoming increasingly difficult to procure. Distributers all have shipping delays due to overwhelming order volume. I have one distributor that has processed 25,792 orders between October 18th and October 22nd!
    Customers have virtually wiped out the 5.56 we previously had. We have some smaller shipments arriving tomorrow morning (if they are on schedule) and additional shipments coming in over the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I've had to resort to using alternative sources for some products in order to keep them on the shelf, meaning higher prices. Some products will have the same prices when we get more, and some will increase. I base my prices on what I have to pay to get the item. It seems like 5.56/.223 in particular will be very hard to get (read expensive) for the time being. Other products will vary based on availability.
    If you will need more 5.56 over the next year or 2 and see a decent deal on it, I would not hesitate...

Gunpowder sales have picked up a little, but not too much yet. Brass and bullets have also seen a slight increase but nothing that I'm currently concerned with.

As a side note, we have also seen a HUGE increase in body armor and medical supply sales. We sold out of tourniquets, chest seals and needle decompression kits a couple days ago, but we will have more tomorrow. We also saw increases in these products when things initially heated up in Ukraine.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    The ship has sailed on 223 & 5.56

Distributors are already taking advantage and trying to either raise prices on 223/556 or only sell them to you if you’re buying other garbage you don’t want/need.

We as out of all of our range 223/556 and sold over 1.5 million rounds of 9mm inna matter of days.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ammo Situation Update
    Consumer demand seems to be letting up some but ammo is still moving at multiple times the normal rate. Supply will take a long time to catch up. We have started to look at other options (Like the Magtech 9mm) to be sure we have a steady supply and can meet customer demand.

This is from Recoil Gunworks

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This was a post I made 5 years ago today (FB memory that popped up.)
    I remember those deals. Those were flash sale deals and not the norm for that time. I bought the Midwayusa deal on IMI M855 for $260/1000. The average price during that period was around 33c/rd. Right before this Isreal ordeal broke out I seen several deals of brass 5.56 for 40c/rd. So really not a huge increase from 5yrs ago

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    5.56 now $550 per 1000. So how many got caught again short in their personal stock? History repeats itself, learn from it.
    The problem is less a matter of stock on-hand and more a problem of training volume. Even with thousands of rounds stocked up, a couple hundred rounds down range here and there will add up. At some point you have to change training habits unless you’re banking on the ammo situation correcting itself. If you’re someone who only shoots a couple times a year then it doesn’t matter as much.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I haven't been caught short In many years. I'm gtg for a long time.

Just wish I had more primers though.
    I’m right there with you. I just placed a very large primer and powder order from Grafs. I’ve got enough but enough only lasts so long.

Most everything I ordered on Monday is already out of stock.

Here we go again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought some extra ammo this morning before I woke up fully.

Later after I woke up fully and got some caffeine in me. I see in my list, with the other items.
    50 Round Box - 25 Auto Sellier Bellot 50 Grain FMJ Ammo - SB25A

I don't own a 25.

Ahh well.
    Congratulations on the new .25 you are getting ready to buy :D

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I bought some extra ammo this morning before I woke up fully.

Later after I woke up fully and got some caffeine in me. I see in my list, with the other items.
    50 Round Box - 25 Auto Sellier Bellot 50 Grain FMJ Ammo - SB25A

I don't own a 25.

Ahh well…
    Slight variation on the “ever buy a gun because you had the brass to reload” thread.

Congrats on the soon-to-be new pistol. :):

Top Bottom