• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought some extra ammo this morning before I woke up fully.

Later after I woke up fully and got some caffeine in me. I see in my list, with the other items.
    50 Round Box - 25 Auto Sellier Bellot 50 Grain FMJ Ammo - SB25A

I don't own a 25.

Ahh well.

Just sayin'... :):

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Just sayin'... :):
    Well thats nice.. I might just get a Jennings, or some Ring of Fire cheapo for the hell of it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From SG

We have seen surging demand over the past 22 days at levels not seen since the outbreak of Covid19 in March of 2020, and demand continues to remain elevated at extremely high levels for the past 3 weeks. Expect shipping delays in the 5 to 10 day range.

Not sure why war in Israel would cause people to panic buy ammo, reloading components etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well thats nice.. I might just get a Jennings, or some Ring of Fire cheapo for the hell of it.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    From SG

We have seen surging demand over the past 22 days at levels not seen since the outbreak of Covid19 in March of 2020, and demand continues to remain elevated at extremely high levels for the past 3 weeks. Expect shipping delays in the 5 to 10 day range.

Not sure why war in Israel would cause people to panic buy ammo, reloading components etc.
    We are getting more volume every day than our Black Friday or Cyber Monday last year. We are currently at 48-72 business hours for shipping times...

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I picked up some stuff earlier this year, but not much. Thankfully I stocked things decently a few years back, but as others have noted, replenishing what I use is the real pickle going forward. Medical expenses this year robbed me of the chance to really recover and stock up, so for me, dry fire will be the name of the game with regard to training. I’ll have to limit actual range time to truly constructive drills.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I picked up some stuff earlier this year, but not much. Thankfully I stocked things decently a few years back, but as others have noted, replenishing what I use is the real pickle going forward. Medical expenses this year robbed me of the chance to really recover and stock up, so for me, dry fire will be the name of the game with regard to training. I’ll have to limit actual range time to truly constructive drills.
    22lr is what I've been using more of.
    TX22 for pistol practice, 10/22 for Rifle.
    I've been thinking about getting that CMMG 22lr conversation kit for the AR-15 5.56 to train with, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dunno, the idea of paying more then $100 for a Saturday Nigh Special seems criminal in of itself.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Because the US government is sending supplies from here, this starts a domino effect which could potentially cause shortages. Ok, forget potentially, it IS causing shortages. Gun owners are their own worst enemy. When they think that there might be a shortage, they proceed to cause one by buying and stockpiling mass quantities of ammunition and reloading supplies.

Also, someone mentioned that there are those who believe this could be the beginning of something bigger. While I won't comment about that here (I'm much to busy right now to get into THAT discussion), this belief is causing shortages of medical supplies, body armor, antibiotics, MRE, freeze dried food, etc., etc. We have seen dramatically increased sales on all of these products at the store.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It would be interesting to know who started the Lake City story. It was presented as fact everywhere. Of course I don’t know whether to believe this correction either.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    LCAAP supplies about 30% of the commercial market's 5.56x45mm NATO inventory. However, Lake City ammunition is primarily manufactured to provide ammo to the US Army.

What we see on the commercial market is overruns. Surplus ammunition that is above and beyond the current needs of the military, during times that they don't need to utilize the full capacity of the plant for military use. When demand for military production increases, commercial capacity decreases.

While they may not have "canceled commercial contracts", it's possible that commercial supply from Lake City will be diminished. When the military draws additional ammo to supply their operations or when the government draws ammo to send to other countries, it comes from what would normally be that excess or surplus production.

The US military gets priority. Lake City saying that they have not canceled contracts doesn't change this. I'm sure all of these civilian contracts have a clause that does not guarantee a delivery date.

It's similar when you rent a National Guard Armory. The rental contract specifically states that they (the military) can still use the facility if they need it. When 9/11 happened we were not able to use the Stout Field Armory for the show scheduled shortly after (they were moving in Patriot Missile systems to protect the Indianapolis International Airport). They didn't cancel the contract because they didn't need to, it was stipulated in the contract.

Top Bottom