• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    LCAAP is also tooling up for 6.8x51 (277 Fury)

And this means that while they wont stop making other stuff, its another thing drawing focus there.

If I remember right LCAAP makes 5.56x45, 7.62x51, 50 BMG, 20 Vulcan, and 30-06.... and now 6.8x51

The 30-06 is limited to ONLY M1909 blanks right now, but they maintain capability to load 30-06 with M80 projectiles in case an ally needs it.
    They also have 45ACP machinery in storage, but its doubtful it will ever be used again.

One thing the Army doesn't make internally is 9mm Nato. That is all contracted from OLIN Brass (Winchester brand ammo)
    Olin also loads Ammo for the other calibers on Army contract at the East Alton IL plant, and they are far from shy about selling us overruns from that plant.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    I will just add what we know as a direct customer with Winchester.

They have stopped giving any discounts on 223 & 5.56.

They are charging dealers / wholesalers full price on 223 & 5.56 which is very expensive and they currently are allocating everything so even if it's in stock you cannot get it.

While the "rumor" may be false, it's not far from the truth as they used to give decent discounts if you bought an entire truckload of 223 or 5.56 but now their 223 & 5.56 is very expensive and not available...at least currently.

AEAMMO.COM

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Greenwood, IN
    Hilarious!
    Someone spread a rumor and millions bought into it, thus pushing the panic buying button.
    I don't think that rumor is what caused a run on 223 & 5.56. I strongly believe it's related to the violence happening in the middle east and fears that the USA may get involved or fear that some sort of terror attack is imminent on US soil.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I will just add what we know as a direct customer with Winchester.

They have stopped giving any discounts on 223 & 5.56.

They are charging dealers / wholesalers full price on 223 & 5.56 which is very expensive and they currently are allocating everything so even if it's in stock you cannot get it.

While the "rumor" may be false, it's not far from the truth as they used to give decent discounts if you bought an entire truckload of 223 or 5.56 but now their 223 & 5.56 is very expensive and not available...at least currently.
    Considering they can sell every round they make at a premium right now, can you blame them? Making hay while the sun shines.

Top Bottom