• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just heard at breakfast this morning. "30 years ago we didn't have school/mass shootings but we certainly had AR-15s with high-capacity magazines. Wonder what changed. The gun didn't".

Yes we did. We just didn't have the media circus surrounding each one. What changed was 24 hour news cycles on multiple tv channels and the Internet.

First one I personally recall: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Gravure_shooting in 1989.

killed eight people and injured twelve at his former workplace....parked his car in front of the main entrance of Standard Gravure and entered the plant at 8:30 a.m., carrying a Polytech AK-47S, (a Chinese-made semiautomaticAK-47 derivative), a SIG Sauer P226 9mm pistol, and a duffel bag containing two MAC-11s, a snubnosed.38 caliberSmith & Wesson Model 12 Airweight revolver, a bayonet, and several hundred rounds of ammunition.[SUP][2][/SUP]He took the elevator to the executive reception area on the third floor and, as soon as the doors opened, fired...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Yes we did. We just didn't have the media circus surrounding each one. What changed was 24 hour news cycles on multiple tv channels and the Internet.

First one I personally recall: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Gravure_shooting in 1989.

killed eight people and injured twelve at his former workplace....parked his car in front of the main entrance of Standard Gravure and entered the plant at 8:30 a.m., carrying a Polytech AK-47S, (a Chinese-made semiautomaticAK-47 derivative), a SIG Sauer P226 9mm pistol, and a duffel bag containing two MAC-11s, a snubnosed.38 caliberSmith & Wesson Model 12 Airweight revolver, a bayonet, and several hundred rounds of ammunition.[SUP][2][/SUP]He took the elevator to the executive reception area on the third floor and, as soon as the doors opened, fired...

The first one I remember was in 1984 at the San Ysidro McDonald's outside San Diego. I was in California with my parents a few years after it happened. I went to visit the site of the shooting. At the time of my visit, the McDonald's had been razed and memorial in memory of the victims was in its place:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald's_massacre

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I don't know along time ago you could buy a Thompson sub machine gun at a gunstore with 50 round drum magazines. So the so called high capacity magazine has been around longer then 30 years. I still remember the Liberal woman that thought once you fired all the rounds out your magazine and it was empty. She thought they couldn't be used again and believe they came preloaded. Thats the people your dealing with folks.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I still remember the Liberal woman that thought once you fired all the rounds out your magazine and it was empty. She thought they couldn't be used again and believe they came preloaded.
    Yep, we as a nation have managed to elect a whole bunch of people who do not know what the hell they are talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ

The problem is that they are misinformed and let their personal feelings get in the way of doing their job. They don't want to do their homework, they are talking out their a$$ based on the FUD that another misinformed person else told them. And so on, and so on, and...

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I'm reiterating what some people have already said here but i'm so tired of the anti-gun agenda people saying things like "ar15's aren't for hunting so they should be banned". Whoever said guns are only for hunting? Some people DO hunt with ar15's, but they're also used for home defense, used for fun family shooting at the range, used heavily in competition shooting, etc.

If you're against guns that's your right as an American, but if you're going to publicly express your opinion is it really that hard to do some research so you're informed and actually know what you're talking about?

For some people, sadly that is too much to ask.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    AR's aren't for hunting--in his opinion--so what? How about AR's are good for self defense (against mobs and tyrants)? I suppose that dip**** thinks that the 1A exists so that we can peaceably assemble to watch ball games, listen to concerts, and write letters to Ann landers?

If you don't know enough to pass US gov't 101 then you have no business in Congress.

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting.
    Unless you count hunting tyrants, should the need arise.

This is what I keep saying...seems like few listen. History repeats itself over and over. What is the saying? Those that do not know their history, are doomed to repeat it. Didn't Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini do some gun control before they took power? It is horrible that innocent people loose their lives, but if we loose our freedom, those numbers could be in the millions. Like I said, history repeats itself over and over. There is nothing new under the sun. That was written nearly 3,000 years ago.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Even if the 2nd Amendment was about hunting, you can hunt just fine with an AR. I went turkey hunting with my AR last season because my shotgun was broken and I didn't have the money to fix it. I got a 17 lb bird with a couple of well placed Federal Tactical rounds. Only problem is, I apparently scared the hell out of the other shoppers, and I'm not allowed in that Kroger anymore.
    LMAO! That was a good one! :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Imagine being this delusional:

p9Ul2G1.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Imagine being this delusional:

p9Ul2G1.jpg

This makes me want to tell people that we need "common sense" First Amendment limits.

Limit 1, if you know so little about a subject that you make a statement/cartoon so WRONG, that you are not allowed to speak on that subject.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Senator Nelson (D) on Fox News minutes ago, in the aftermath of the Florida shooting. Funny--- my ARs have never been used to kill anyone (nor am I a hunter, truth be told). But they are used for any multitude of lawful purposes, just like my other rifles and handguns. It is frankly none of Senator Nelson's business what lawful actions I undertake with my ARs (or what all of you do with your lawfully owned ARs and other firearms). Great logic, Senator. The only purpose of an AR-15 is to kill someone, and that makes AR-15 owners potential murderers who refuse to see reason.

So as usual, we all get judged by the criminal/evil actions committed by the very worst among us. Notwithstanding the consistent national crime data showing that violent crimes committed with rifles are a tiny fraction of the whole.

I am getting really, really tired of this crap, and they are just getting warmed up. Brace yourselves.

I keep seeing this brought up time and again, just recently by Feinstein. Perhaps hunters need to start bombarding her office/e-mail with their pictures of their hunt with an "AR".

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Think about it this way. Nuclear weapons are kept as a deterrent against nuclear attack from another country. The AR-15 in the hands of civilians is a deterrent against tyranny. Isn't that what the 2nd amendment is all about. It also has added bonuses, like fun to shoot, hunting, competition, home defense and as history has shown, another country is not likely to invade the USA when they know behind every blade of grass is an armed citizen with a rifle.

Top Bottom