• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I keep seeing this brought up time and again, just recently by Feinstein. Perhaps hunters need to start bombarding her office/e-mail with their pictures of their hunt with an "AR".

That is exactly what needs to happen. And not just her office. Any place or anyone that makes that dumb butt statement needs to be educated with simple pictures.

IndianaDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Even if the 2nd Amendment was about hunting, you can hunt just fine with an AR. I went turkey hunting with my AR last season because my shotgun was broken and I didn't have the money to fix it. I got a 17 lb bird with a couple of well placed Federal Tactical rounds. Only problem is, I apparently scared the hell out of the other shoppers, and I'm not allowed in that Kroger anymore.

Thanks !! I needed a good laugh.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm reiterating what some people have already said here but i'm so tired of the anti-gun agenda people saying things like "ar15's aren't for hunting so they should be banned". Whoever said guns are only for hunting? Some people DO hunt with ar15's, but they're also used for home defense, used for fun family shooting at the range, used heavily in competition shooting, etc.

If you're against guns that's your right as an American, but if you're going to publicly express your opinion is it really that hard to do some research so you're informed and actually know what you're talking about?

For some people, sadly that is too much to ask.
    oze junior and I agree!
    19ae7e2de9b87da1d6552e4932d770e4.jpg
    02a210a424c44fe4f9715b0cd5ee1ea6.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Yep, we as a nation have managed to elect a whole bunch of people who do not know what the hell they are talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ

I've seen, heard, and read plenty of idiotic statements from elected officials over the years. This one just catapulted to near the top of the list.

How the heck did she get RE-elected TEN TIMES??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've seen, heard, and read plenty of idiotic statements from elected officials over the years. This one just catapulted to near the top of the list.

How the heck did she get RE-elected TEN TIMES??

Well.....the answer is simple enough. The simpletons that are her constituents of course.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    I follow a couple Texas guys on instagram and from what I've seen I'd almost guess ARs hunt more hogs than any other platform.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I follow a couple Texas guys on instagram and from what I've seen I'd almost guess ARs hunt more hogs than any other platform.
    Definitely, the AR is the go to platform for hog eradication. Generally in larger calibers than 5.56, but, it still works.

A1B63913-518D-4B75-97C7-CFDDE14580FC_zpsmedkrsdk.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    In many states, you can't hunt deer with a 5.56mm because it isn't deadly enough.

Deer have a similar body mass to humans. Just sayin'...

They're out there calling AR-15s "high powered" rifles, when the "hunting rifles" they don't seem to care about fire much more powerful cartridges than the 5.56mm. I keep several ARs in 5.56 for personal defense, but they're far from being "high powered."

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    In many states, you can't hunt deer with a 5.56mm because it isn't deadly enough.

They're out there calling AR-15s "high powered" rifles, when the "hunting rifles" they don't seem to care about fire much more powerful cartridges than the 5.56mm. I keep several ARs in 5.56 for personal defense, but they're far from being "high powered."
    Most hunting ranches and outfitters won't allow 5.56 for hog hunting. It's not effective enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most hunting ranches and outfitters won't allow 5.56 for hog hunting. It's not effective enough.

I have used these facts as argument to the snowflake gun grabbers on FB. They have zero knowledge and no idea of what the are pushing. Butt boy Hogg said it so it must be true.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Exactly. I hate it when they throw that term around. Just because it looks "scary" doesn't make it more powerful. I could put a hood scoop and drag slicks on my lawn mower but it won't make it faster. My Savage in 30-06 doesn't look "scary" at all but your shoulder will tell which is more "high-powered".:ranton:

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    A co-worker and I were having a gun control debate/discussion the other day. He asserted that AR-15s should be banned. And then I invited him to come and shoot one with me at the range. To my surprise he accepted. We shot at neutral bullseye targets and had a great time. Long story short, he asked me when we could go again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A co-worker and I were having a gun control debate/discussion the other day. He asserted that AR-15s should be banned. And then I invited him to come and shoot one with me at the range. To my surprise he accepted. We shot at neutral bullseye targets and had a great time. Long story short, he asked me when we could go again.

Next time, have him shoot a non-AR.
    Then ask him why the AR is so "bad".

Top Bottom