• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    He has been and shot several handguns which he really liked. Classic view of semi-auto handguns are fine, but "assault rifles" are pure evil. You know even though rifles are responsible for < 10% of all gun related homicides...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Then ask him what's so special about the "assault rifle".

And maybe point out to him that "assault rifle" is a full automatic.

And if he's worried about "assault weapon", ask him what the bad stuff is.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    We seriously have got to crush this term "assault rifle/weapon" in regard to civilian legal semi-autos.

GunErgy, every time your friend uses the term, correct him by saying, "you mean semi-auto rifle that looks like a military rifle" Do it until he concedes. Do not relent. You have to crush the emotion out of the discussion.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    We seriously have got to crush this term "assault rifle/weapon" in regard to civilian legal semi-autos.

GunErgy, every time your friend uses the term, correct him by saying, "you mean semi-auto rifle that looks like a military rifle" Do it until he concedes. Do not relent. You have to crush the emotion out of the discussion.

Amen. I have educated him on the fact that AR came from Armalite Corp., it is a semi-automatic sporting rifle, and that the firearm itself cannot do anything. In the end it is an inanimate chunk of metal that will just sit there in a gun safe. It is the intent and action of the person who picks it up which determines its use.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    He has been and shot several handguns which he really liked. Classic view of semi-auto handguns are fine, but "assault rifles" are pure evil. You know even though rifles are responsible for < 10% of all gun related homicides...

The stats in this article are excellent ammunition in any discussion with a gun grabber (not that they give a crap about actual facts or stats). I put this in a thread in the 2A section.

Irrational Fear of Mass Shootings Can't Justify Unconstitutional Gun Control - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I wrote up a rant/educational piece that I posted on Facebook for all my liberal anti-gun friends. In an attempt to educate them. I don't hunt, but I come from a family that does, most of my Uncles, a few aunts, and most of my cousins all hunt. I grew up in the city, they grew up in the country, on farms. So I did what any good debater does, I did my research.

The .223 is used to hunt coyotes, prairie dogs, wild hogs, and wild goats (in Hawaii no less). The .223 being the most popular caliber for the AR-15. Since the AR-15 is very versatile and can be made to take any number of calibers, it can be used to hunt more than just those.

So people that state the AR-15 is not used for hunting really have not done their research at the very least, and are not hunters or hang out with hunters. However, I am guessing everyone here knows this already.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Any firearm can be used for killing, but some AR's make excellent hunting platforms. These morons that make their funny little "cartoon" drawings like this, they have no clue that it is not the function or how the firearm looks, it's all about the caliber...this you would never be able to explain to them. :rolleyes:

Papadaca

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    NWi
    AR-15s for the civilian Market were designed to be semi-automatic sporting rifles.... they badly want to do away with the 2nd Amendment. All these anti-2nd Amendment people need to move to California or New York or even Illinois. They will get to experience all the gun control they can handle. They will also get to experience what it's like to be under constant fear of criminals with guns....

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    AR-15s for the civilian Market were designed to be semi-automatic sporting rifles.... they badly want to do away with the 2nd Amendment. All these anti-2nd Amendment people need to move to California or New York or even Illinois. They will get to experience all the gun control they can handle. They will also get to experience what it's like to be under constant fear of criminals with guns....

Working in IL , I can confirm this conjecture...

Top Bottom