Another problem as I see it is that there is no severe penalty for..............

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This should be an interesting discussion. Should "free speech," only cover (as far as spoken statements) factual speech? Should one be compelled to do reasonable due diligence when passing on things they believe?

There is the thought that your rights end where mine begins. Not sure that plays out but maybe it should.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    How could Shakespeare have anticipated the condition of our political system today, early in the 17th Century?

Because it was the same then as it is now and always will be until Christ returns which I hope will be soon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes we do.
    Read the Bible and learn something.
    Well, that’s not exactly an unbiased source. But, nevertheless, the authors get to write the story how they write it. Tom Walker made a deal with the devil. Jesus lived a perfect life. There’s truth and value in both stories even if people don’t believe the metaphysical claims.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    We don’t need any more laws governing speech. As was said, libel and slander pretty much covers it. We can’t legislate every behavior. We don’t think very highly about the laws the authoritarians on the left. If you’re just as authoritarian on the right, then difference between the right and the left are just the behaviors you want to ban. How about this? Let’s ban banning stuff.

We'll that's just it, it takes forever to work through the courts and it is tremendously expensive so very few bother unless it is really important to do so.

By the way, I haven't mentioned anything about banning or new laws, God knows we have enough of that already.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that’s not exactly an unbiased source. But, nevertheless, the authors get to write the story how they write it. Tom Walker made a deal with the devil. Jesus lived a perfect life. There’s truth and value in both stories even if people don’t believe the metaphysical claims.

It's a moot point. Jesus actually was crucified for lying. He was charged with claiming to be King of the Jews.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We'll there you have it, lying is protected by man's law.

Your duty to God is yours to bear, and not yours to impose on others. If a man doesn’t lie only because he’s afraid of jail, did he keep God’s law? Said another way, if a man lives by the spirit can he break God’s law as imposed by man on men? Be sure to render Caesar what is his. And to God what is His.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Oh yes it is, every word was inspired and dictated by God.
    I have seen many try to call God a lier and fail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But according to the authors, he wasn’t lying.

The authors had no say in his conviction. At the end of the day, the government tried, convicted, and passed judgement. I'm just illustrating the point that government having such power isn't a good thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a moot point. Jesus actually was crucified for lying. He was charged with claiming to be King of the Jews.

Actually he was killed because he upset the powers that be. He was a revolutionary that threatened to upend the high-priests' little apple cart. He was accused of lying but he was killed because of other reasons. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh yes it is, every word was inspired and dictated by God.
    I have seen many try to call God a lier and fail.
    Well, logically it’s an unfalsafiable claim, and thus is abandoning the rational conversation. And that’s fine as long as the claimants understand that they’ve shifted the conversation from reason to metaphysical. Just don’t be surprised when the rationals leave the conversation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The authors had no say in his conviction. At the end of the day, the government tried, convicted, and passed judgement. I'm just illustrating the point that government having such power isn't a good thing.
    Not really. Pilot told the Jews he can find no fault, but when the Jews pressed, he found an excuse to call him guilty, which was saying that he was king of the jews, a crime against Caesar. So it wasn’t for lying.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually he was killed because he upset the powers that be. He was a revolutionary that threatened to upend the high-priests' little apple cart. He was accused of lying but he was killed because of other reasons. :)
    The Jews accused Jesus of lying. Pilot didn’t care what Jewish law he broke, really. He just wanted to appease the jews because he didn’t want trouble. He could only punish him for breaking Roman laws. When Jesus admitted he’s the king of the jews, that’s the law he broke as a crime against Caesar. Not lying.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not really. Pilot told the Jews he can find no fault, but when the Jews pressed, he found an excuse to call him guilty, which was saying that he was king of the jews, a crime against Caesar. So it wasn’t for lying.

I always thought the king of the Jews thing was just part of the mocking. I think Pilot was probably mocking the Jews for condemning an innocent man over Barrabus.

Top Bottom