• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I just have to really question velocity detracting from penetration, I just doesn't make sense, but if data can back it up....

of course their are extreme situations, like water, most high power cartridges will break apart in water, but a slow moving round like a muzzle loader bullet won't.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    My first experience with the 10mm was ages ago shooting my cousins Colt Double Eagle. It was instant love! Now if I can only find one of those again. I have tried others but the Double Eagle feels the best in my hand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup, love it. Friend has one and I shoot it when I can. Problem is, I am ate up with all the calibers I currently own...no room in the budget to step up.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    If I'm gonna carry owb, chances are it's gonna be my G20. It'll get replaced as my owb edc gun though as soon as my Wilson Combat .45 gets here.

I'm really hoping to pick up a Nighthawk in 10mm soon.

GTG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    I know a glock dosn't appeal to alot of people, but the G20 isn't a bad way to get into 10mm inexpensivly. I guess really the only inexpensive way to shoot the 10mm is reloading which is also a good way to shoot it properly loaded. The G20 was my first and only glock, mainly because of their heavy triggers, but the more I shoot it the more I start thinking about getting a second glock, maybe a SFG21 is in my future.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    My belief is that the velocity and mass of the 10mm would carry it through a windshield with less deflections than other rounds. That is why my truck gun is a G20 (most power I can get between the seats as well). Hopefully I would never have do find out about the deflection thing, especially by fireing from inside a vehicle. OUCH. I Have a Delta, a G20 and G29. The G29 is a handfull with full power rounds but the others are not bad at all.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I own, shoot and reload 10mm, I prefer it over any other pistol caliber based on its ballistics, however it is not my carry gun as the gun is too heavy for daily use.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    If I didn't have all the 9mm and 45ACP stuff that I have(guns and reloading stuff)...If i were a young man again, knowing what I know now, I would follow the path of the 10mm. But back in the day, the Bren Ten was dead and the future for the 10mm didn't look too promising. And, wouldn't it make sense if Ruger offered the Blackhawk, Stainless and Blued, in .41 Magnum with a spare 10mm chambered cylinder? That's what i would like to see!

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    If I didn't have all the 9mm and 45ACP stuff that I have(guns and reloading stuff)...If i were a young man again, knowing what I know now, I would follow the path of the 10mm. But back in the day, the Bren Ten was dead and the future for the 10mm didn't look too promising. And, wouldn't it make sense if Ruger offered the Blackhawk, Stainless and Blued, in .41 Magnum with a spare 10mm chambered cylinder? That's what i would like to see!

10mm and .41 mag have a different diameter. I'm sure if you shoot lead you could make it work, but I would be suspect of a such a pistols accuracy.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Smith 610, 310, 1006,1076, 1046, 1086?1066?

Fuzion makes a kit,

Night hawk does a long slide

Tanfoglio does steel and polymer framed 10mm, at least 9 variants I can name,

Colt delta elite, but it might cause you some ammo concerns

An old Bren ten

Amt made a 10mm

Dan Wesson makes several

Sti perfect 10

Plenty of 10mm that are not glocks, although I fail to see why that would be a problem. Glock 20sf is fun.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Glocks 10mm is one bada**weapon!! I'm deer hunting with that sucker this yr. I know,I know!!

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    It seems that Glock 20sf are impossible to find, and I honestly would prefer the 20 gen 4, because it has the SF lower. Finding one of these newly released gems is all but impossible.

Top Bottom