Any recommendations on a good reliable 1911, at an affordable price?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    I really like kimber but I'm not looking chew my arm off and sell it to get one.

People trust Hickok to be honest and accurate with his reviews and info. Here he breaks down the differences between a high priced and low priced 1911.

[video=youtube;3W7sb9Zp-8o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7sb9Zp-8o[/video]

braydenw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2020
    Columbus
    If you don’t mind surplus pistols, star model BM’s on J&g sales for 200$ are really nice, gotta replace a barrel link but that parts like 10$ for 2 of them

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Honestly. Rock Island Atmory (RIA). Are super solid.

I’ve heard (no idea if true) that when colt upgraded machines, RIA bought all the original equipment for 1911’s payed to retool them and started manufacturing with them. From a business perspective this seems VERY likely.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Honestly. Rock Island Atmory (RIA). Are super solid.

I’ve heard (no idea if true) that when colt upgraded machines, RIA bought all the original equipment for 1911’s payed to retool them and started manufacturing with them. From a business perspective this seems VERY likely.

I couldn't find any verification of this and it seems unlikely. I doubt Colt would want to do anything to help another manufacturer create a competing product. The frames and slides on RIA are a bit different from Colt I doubt they would come off the same machinery. It wouldn't make sense for RIA to buy old worn out machinery, ship it around the world instead of just buying newer CNC machines. Plus I believe RIA frames are cast.

Top Bottom