Anyone else DELETED Their Facebook Account?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Facebook. Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday and she created a FB fundraiser in lieu of gifts. The donations would be made to an ALS research program. I made a donation. Of course you have to use a CC. My card now has a charge for the donation and a separate charge of $1 called "FACEBK DONATION". She was unaware such a charge would occur and so was I. Insight? Thanks.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I haven't used mine but 3 times and the last time was 11 years and 3 weeks ago. I remember the day well.
    I haven't figured out how to delete the account. Last time I was on there I searched for hours and couldn't find a button to delete with after browsing all the categories. It's long enough now that I don't give a .... .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Facebook. Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday and she created a FB fundraiser in lieu of gifts. The donations would be made to an ALS research program. I made a donation. Of course you have to use a CC. My card now has a charge for the donation and a separate charge of $1 called "FACEBK DONATION". She was unaware such a charge would occur and so was I. Insight? Thanks.

If it was the first donation, that $1 charge was probably a test charge to validate the card. I've seen those validation charges before. Usually they are reversed shortly afterward.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've not deleted mine. Yet.

But I have pared my friends list down to only family and a literal handful of friends. Maybe like 4 or 5 total non-family members.

I mainly use it to communicate with family. To let folks we're not physically near be able to keep up and see pics and vid clips of my kids.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    All my brothers and sisters I served with are scattered across the country and it would be difficult to try to call all 215 of them every few months to catch up or see good news from them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I never had one to delete.

8ptcMAG.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I use Facebook. I know it's silly, but I don't argue with people on it.

Heck, I hardly ever argue on INGO anymore.

There are some things I HATE about it however...which are caused by the very people I like to stay in touch with.

1. People sharing urban myths.
    2. People sharing anything that says the supreme court demands satanism be taught in schools (see #1)
    3. People sharing posts about how Social Security is them getting the money they "invested" back.
    4. People sharing posts with sappy sentiments written by a stranger about how much they love their grandchildren.
    5. Any post that shows a disabled or injured person and says: "people think I'm ugly, like and share if you think I'm not"
    6. Any post that implies that the will of God is dependent upon whether you share the post.
    7. Any fund-raisers.

I could go on.

mntman0902

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    dunreith
    i deleted mine bout a year ago. havent missed it one bit. just couldnt take all the idiots on there anymore. found myself getting to worked up over it. didnt need it anymore.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not being on FB would require me to talk to family more often on the phone or even <shudder> go visit to keep up on what is going on in their lives.

Top Bottom