Anyone else DELETED Their Facebook Account?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Yep. I deleted mine 2 months ago. And I haven't missed it. If you need to talk to me, try dialing my phone #. Or email/text me.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I only post when I'm leaving home, where the house keys are, and the cash stash. And the combo to the gun safe.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Like I need another way for people to get in touch with me?

There were several people, way back in the day, who I never spoke to again, after I made the best purchase of my life: Caller ID

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have disabled it but not deleted. I’ll go back at some point.

but it became somewhat of a hindrance to my sense of contentment.

It’a funny that the first day I did it I had numerous times something happened where I instantly thought “I need to post that!”

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I get frequently chastised by real friends and family because I don't "facebook" more. I average once every 10 days or so, I told them if they want to know what I'm up to they should just "call" me.

What a concept; a device that by pushing a few buttons allows you to speak and listen to someone that isn't even in the same room!:faint: What'll they think of next???:ugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I consider phone calls a bit cumbersome now. Like I really need something major to chat about to call. That’s probably the fault of texting

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I use it mainly to stay in touch with friends/family that are miles/states/country's away. I am on a few times a day and have recently found the strength to stop messing with the idiots and snowflakes. Nothing I/we do will change the mindset.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I still have a fb but i havent posted anything in a while over a year. I keep it because i have very few friends here. All my friends are scattered across the country or globe. I also have about 70 or 80 cousins and 20 sets of aunts and uncles. That coupled with i dont like talking on my phone means that i will occassionly get on and snoop. Usually once a month to make sure theres no new babies in the family. Haha. Also my classmates have a group chat where we help each other with homework or communicate anything else we need. I did delete it off my phone and have to access it from my laptop.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have a fb account, but rarely post anything and don't have any personal info on the site except my name. I've made friends only with other family members so I can find out what is going on. You can really learn a lot about your family you rarely see by reading their posts. I am very glad I rarely see some of them! :-)

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Reviving an old thread because this has become relevant...

My Facebook account has always been for family sharing only, a handful of "friends" and I use it for a few tractor groups and marketplace. Otherwise, I do not use Facebook. During the election cycle, I just got tired of all of the hate and attacks that went unchecked by "moderators".

Same for Twitter. The vitriol language there by a narrow and extremist populous makes it a useless service for me. So many people can hide behind their keyboard and the anonymity the Internet offers. I have never liked Twitter anyway and saw no value in it. I closed that account without losing a wink of sleep.

My wife has just been kicked off of Facebook for the second time this month for posting pro-Trump information.

Mike

Top Bottom