• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I could Never get past the feathers. :rolleyes:
    No matter how it was prepared, fried, baked, broiled or raw, the feathers always ruined what taste there would be. ;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Trust INGO. A while back I tried to find recipes with no success, but these actually look good. Yes, I'm the redneck that would go to the zoo where a recipe is posted along with the name of the critter.

Brussels sprouts, not even once. They taste bad because of the same chemical as is in broccoli. If you have the "taster" (TAS2R38) gene, preparation won't make it go away. If you have both genes ("supertaster") you may as well try to choke down a plate of festering rotten sewage.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Roast penguin in a baby seal fat reduction, dolphin tartar, and warm manatee soufflé. That should get the bunny huggers clubbed up for a fight.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I am sending this recipe to my sister. She just loves them penguins. Just not in this way of course. :yesway:

No penguins for me.
    I have eaten a lot of Buffalo burgers and Ostrich patties at a local scarf-n-barf in the CA desert I lived at. They were all raised locally. I used to raise a **** load of quail, pheasants, grouse, ducks, etc... when I was a kid. Only a very few were pets. ;)
    Did I mention how delicious frogs were?

In the past I've eaten pretty much everything that comes out of the sea in my scuba days. Including Sea Urchins and Sea Cucumbers and they're just nasty things when they're alive. Of course all sushi, sashimi and calamari are my favorite dishes. I've also eaten bugs and worms mostly from dares. Freeze dried, deep fried, skillet fried and boiled. (yes I know there was a book) My kids try to give me weird things to eat all the time because they know my past. All different jerky meats and insects.
    And I will never turn down a good plate of escargot.

In fact....(as I am now pulling them out)
    From my pantry in front of me I have some black ants in some fancy white chocolate wafers, chocolate dipped crickets and insect larva. (they don't say what larva but they're much larger than meal worms), bacon and cheese flavored crickets (not sure how they're cooked but they are whole what a few loose legs), and a scorpion in a translucent lollypop. Weird.
    The deal is I have to eat this stuff when my kids come here to visit so they can all gross out. Whatever. :rolleyes:

When I lived abroad, I ate both cat and dog. Don't hate me, I didn't know at the time until after. And God knows what else.
    Just to be clear... I didn't voluntarily eat a cat or a dog. Or on purpose. Or however it is put.

BTW- For whatever reason the Portuguese families I knew prefer black dog, like labs for some reason. I know... I was mad too.

and I found this..

EPble5T.gif
    You are not right. We have talked about this before. :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trust INGO. A while back I tried to find recipes with no success, but these actually look good. Yes, I'm the redneck that would go to the zoo where a recipe is posted along with the name of the critter.

Brussels sprouts, not even once. They taste bad because of the same chemical as is in broccoli. If you have the "taster" (TAS2R38) gene, preparation won't make it go away. If you have both genes ("supertaster") you may as well try to choke down a plate of festering rotten sewage.

Are you talking about "cruciferous vegetables" in general?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruciferous_vegetables

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It made me think of this from the description... But have at it BT--just be willing to enjoy the nastiness without sharing, huh?

[video=youtube;BD5ha9mENzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5ha9mENzw[/video]

That's literally my friends and I at beer competitions.

"Hey, does this smell like bus station urinal cake to you? Or is it more like a baby's diaper?"
    "How do you make a beer that reeks of butter like this? It even taste like butter."
    "Dude, check out this! It's like they soaked a firepit in paint thinner then bottled it!"
    "Middle school gym locker, amirite?"
    "This one's just like Three Floyds - green onions doused with cat ****."
    "You were asking what 'enteric' exactly is. THIS."

Yes, those are all legitimate things that get poured into a cup for me to judge.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Top Bottom