• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Close enough for me to belly up to the table.
    AQbrpi8.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

The proper reply is "Just fix the darn thing and leave my private life out of it!".

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Not much for unusual meats- venison and rabbit are as far as I've gone.

But I've been learning about local foraging, which involves a lot of plants people don't know are edible, so: dandelion (fairly well known), redbud trees, plantain (not the banana, but the common lawn weed), white pine, daylillies.

Cattail is really good AND versatile. Young shoots fix like greens; the spikes when young eat like corn on the cob, when mature grind for flour; roots use like taters.

Trust INGO. A while back I tried to find recipes with no success, but these actually look good. Yes, I'm the redneck that would go to the zoo where a recipe is posted along with the name of the critter.

Brussels sprouts, not even once. They taste bad because of the same chemical as is in broccoli. If you have the "taster" (TAS2R38) gene, preparation won't make it go away. If you have both genes ("supertaster") you may as well try to choke down a plate of festering rotten sewage.

Interesting. I'll eat the heck out of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and quite a few other members of their family, but brussels sprouts and kale :puke:

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Should be similar to loon, not that there is a lot of information about that, but from what I find it is/was NOT highly prized.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'll try anything twice (that's a food not bodily waste) if it doesn't kill me the first time. Lion, Cougar, Elephant (though the only way I know to eat the trunk is if you cook it slow for about 2 weeks then it's great), Bear, all forms of herbivores and sea creatures, snakes and fowls; Haggis even...some really great wild Boar stew in Germany...

Top Bottom