• Status
    Not open for further replies.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Just for clarity, I had just installed the scope onto the mount. It is not sighted in, nor have I adjusted for eye relief. Just wanted to show you guys the new stick.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That's interesting about the eye relief. Do you think there would be enough for something like a Ruger GSR? I'm currently running a Leupold FX2 Scout on mine, but the tritium / fiber optic combo would be awesome for hunting in low light.

On 1.25-2.5 power, I'd say yea. On higher magnification the eye relief closes but it's still out there.

Guess it depends too on the LOP on the GSR.

I get a full FOV (depending on the magnification) at 4-4.5"

I've seen a couple people take a TR24 and with a QD AR mount (Larue, ADM, Bobro) do a cantilever style mount

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Painted while hanging out with my good buddy TriggerTime!

Outside then and inside pic.

IMG_20140513_163214.jpg

IMG_20140513_163325.jpg

IMG_20140513_185345.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    From left to right: Katana, Colt 6920, Colt 6920 with Magpul foreend and 1-4X24 Accupoint TR24G, Smith lower mated with Armalite upper (green) after Bushmaster lower gave up ghost, monkey copy of Katana.

All have Tango Down grips (no finger eating gap) excepting Katana which has the Duckbill. I used $3 gun show slings (soft if I can find them). All but the Katana have Troy sights (big hole for aging eyes). All but the one with the optic have standard triggers. All have the BCM Medium charging handle. All have been well used especially that Smith-Armalite frankengun. I went to all CTR stocks after cracking a Sully stock during a drill (I still like the Sully stock). I like them on the light side without geegaws and dohickeys.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    may be a silly question, but what is the function of the yellow molded rubber on the FSB and muzzles? Thanks!
    It makes it less scary. :)

In all seriousness...mag well cover and front sight cover. Common on match rifles to help prevent sights getting bumped or junk in the gun, and also practical and ever day carbines.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    From left to right: Katana, Colt 6920, Colt 6920 with Magpul foreend and 1-4X24 Accupoint TR24G, Smith lower mated with Armalite upper (green) after Bushmaster lower gave up ghost, monkey copy of Katana.

All have Tango Down grips (no finger eating gap) excepting Katana which has the Duckbill. I used $3 gun show slings (soft if I can find them). All but the Katana have Troy sights (big hole for aging eyes). All but the one with the optic have standard triggers. All have the BCM Medium charging handle. All have been well used especially that Smith-Armalite frankengun. I went to all CTR stocks after cracking a Sully stock during a drill (I still like the Sully stock). I like them on the light side without geegaws and dohickeys.

Looks like your middle rifle isn't a complete 6920 as it has a VLTOR MUR Upper;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom