• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, I hope the municipalities the residents got pulled into are better...

I don't know all the details but it sounds like the local government imposed a tax in a sneaky way without asking the body of constituents. (Sound familiar?) I can't help but think this action is a good thing, if nothing else it is a rare example of government representatives being held accountable for their actions. I would think and hope the local governments, in that vicinity at least, will try to do a better job of representing the people instead of some other agenda.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I hope the municipalities the residents got pulled into are better...

They are now in townships,, or rather, the smallest governmental unit is the township, as they were always in them. These are not municipalities, but divisions of county government.

I prefer not living in a municipality.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is only one way to stop a bully. Only I did not have the option to beat up the Nun that was causing it.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    "Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread ACT III

So, Wausau county government says that snowflakes are too tough for their people?

Wausau is in Marathon County. Marathon is the biggest county land wise in Wisconsin. Wausau is the biggest city in Central Wisconsin. Though only the 17th largest city in Wisconsin.

They recently made a video clarifying this issue. I haven’t watched it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ELmOTmDWsAY6Kwh

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Like the person suggesting this is a 16 year old immature child who wants to determine the future and doesn't understand that 75 year olds not only care about their own next few years, but also care about their descendants as well. Something this 16yo can't identify with.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

How would I feel?

First of all, wrong question. The questions should be: "What do you think." I think that anyone who wants to have this kind of discussion based upon feelings should not be involved in the discussion.

Second, I think that betting your personal future on ANY politician is what an complete and thorough idiot would do. Plan, choose, execute. Make your own future.

Third, I think this person has demonstrated more discrimination in their thoughts than they would accept in anyone else.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Someone needs to make a montage of Hillary and crying democrats with this soundtrack.

[video=youtube;fkxBPb75nUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkxBPb75nUg[/video]
    9k=

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If those are sweetened with the chemical I think they are, they are damned scary. Excessive consumption of certain artificial sweeteners used in hard candies at least causes stomach cramps and severe explosive diarrhea.

Oh jeez, they use barrels of these things along with cookie dough and trail mix all together for bear bait up here. Probably makes for some grumpy bears if it affects them the same way. :rofl:

Top Bottom