• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Or to protect themselves while protesting?

We (all gun owners) ought to tread carefully in trying to put this activity neatly into either the "intimidation" or "expressing 2A rights" buckets.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

We (all gun owners) ought to tread carefully in trying to put this activity neatly into either the "intimidation" or "expressing 2A rights" buckets.
    Whatever restriction you are willing to place on anyone bearing arms peacefully, be prepared to have those (and worse) applied against you by those who are not a fan of the 2A.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, I'm not saying they "can't" I'm saying it's apples and oranges compared to a traditional 2A marcher.

Their motives are NOT the same.

It seemed to me the marchers with firearms were protecting the other marchers. Were they not?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, look to twitter. It’s not like they keep their motives secret. It’s NOT for the express purpose of supporting 2a rights. It’s more like a show of force.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It seemed to me the marchers with firearms were protecting the other marchers. Were they not?

Yes, that typically is NOT what is going on with a 2A march. The comparison as "these are the same thing" is not valid.

See Below VVVVVVVVVVV

Well, look to twitter. It’s not like they keep their motives secret. It’s NOT for the express purpose of supporting 2a rights. It’s more like a show of force.

This ^^^^^^^

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, I'm not saying they "can't" I'm saying it's apples and oranges compared to a traditional 2A marcher.

Their motives are NOT the same.

"Motive" is ill-defined, among humans.

Let's say there's an abortion-rights march, and some of them feel the need (reasonably) to protect themselves during it by carry M-1 Garands.

They aren't marching for the 2A. They are marching for abortion.

(I would argue that both these antifa and the armed abortionist marchers ARE marching in support of the 2A, albeit indirectly.)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Problem is that you have dumb****s that will be lumped into “gun rights advocate” when they do dumb**** that will used as a platform to remove gun rights from the non dumb****s out there.

Politicians use dumb**** activities all the time to try to curtail gun rights.
    “Guns are bad, look at the number of homicides in Chicago because of guns!, we need stricter gun laws!!”

HINT: This has NOTHING to do with guns, it has EVERYTHING to do with dumb**** activities.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Problem is that you have dumb****s that will be lumped into “gun rights advocate” when they do dumb**** that will used as a platform to remove gun rights from the non dumb****s out there.

“Guns are bad, look at the number of homicides in Chicago because of guns!, we need stricter gun laws!!”

HINT: This has NOTHING to do with guns, it has EVERYTHING to do with dumb**** activities.

I'm not following.

Like abortion rights protests? Are those dumb**** activities?

For me, it comes back to the 1A. The more people there are who exercise the 2A to exercise their 1A (peaceably), the better it is for all gun rights advocates. (If for no other reason than those of "us" on "this" side of the debate can point to them and say, "Yeah, that's why we need the 2A. To protect from those idiots.")

(And I'm kinda ok with them saying the same thing about "us.")

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Is that a problem? Do you prefer that "dumb****s" have less of a right to support the 2A? Personally, I believe that those with the most unpopular of ideals, are the ones that need their rights protected MOST fiercely. I know, I know, crazy talk.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm not following.

Like abortion rights protests? Are those dumb**** activities?

For me, it comes back to the 1A. The more people there are who exercise the 2A to exercise their 1A (peaceably), the better it is for all gun rights advocates. (If for no other reason than those of "us" on "this" side of the debate can point to them and say, "Yeah, that's why we need the 2A. To protect from those idiots.")

(And I'm kinda ok with them saying the same thing about "us.")

Is that a problem? Do you prefer that "dumb****s" have less of a right to support the 2A? Personally, I believe that those with the most unpopular of ideals, are the ones that need their rights protected MOST fiercely. I know, I know, crazy talk.

I refuse to believe either of you are this dense.

Premise: Gangbangers in chicago are the basis for restricting gun rights for the rest of America and are used as "typical 2A supporter".

Go.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I refuse to believe either of you are this dense.

Premise: Gangbangers in chicago are the basis for restricting gun rights for the rest of America and are used as "typical 2A supporter".

Go.

Speaking of density... this is a thread about antifa protesting while armed.

Elucidate me/us on what "gangbangers in Chicago" are protesting.

Go.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Speaking of density... this is a thread about antifa protesting while armed.

Elucidate me/us on what "gangbangers in Chicago" are protesting.

Go.

Example of dumb**** activity being lumped into "typical 2A, it's all the same".

Antifa are not typical 2A supporters no matter how you want to spin it. They would HAPPILY remove it for everyone else given the opportunity.

Maybe I spoke too quickly in my beliefs earlier...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Can't wait to see ISIS marching down the street with their weapons so we can continue to completely ignore the threat that the group poses to the republic, so we can bicker over their 2nd Amendment rights.

There was a time in this country when communists were considered enemies. We even sent troops to far away lands to kill them. Now they are marching down the streets right here at home. If you missed the news, one of them tried to kill 2 police officers in Oregon and was (thankfully) put out of his misery. Antifa then placed an IED outside of the local police department.

I haven't seen one post saying that they should be disarmed. But yeah..."muh gun rights." :rolleyes:

Top Bottom