As If We Need ANOTHER Reason To Vote For Trump...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The constitutional problem with dumping their monarchy is what to do with Head of State. The Crown is the UK's Head of State and the Queen does have duties beyond ceremonial. The Prime Minister is only the Head of Government, their Chief Executive. The two are different. In other parliamentary governments without a monarchy (i.e. Germany, France, etc.) there is a Prime Minister and a President. The US is highly unusual in that the President is both. In a parliamentary government the Prime Minister and his Cabinet can fold almost at the drop of a hat. All it requires is the loss of a major bill being passed, and/or a vote of No Confidence by their parliament. Forces the formation of a new government, usually with a new Prime Minister. If it survives long enough, elections for members of parliament will allow for more organized change. Those old enough who paid attention to European politics will remember the French and Italian governments in particular had major Prime Minister of the Month Club membership subscriptions some decades ago. Without a President to provide some political stability, you have massive instability in the interim, and it can take a while to form a new government. In the meantime, who deals with a major international crisis? This isn't a simple problem to solve. The UK parliament can't just wake up next Monday, pass a bill to do away with their monarchy and move on with day-to-day business. Their military swear allegiance to The Crown, which is the monarchy, not a constitution. Their judiciary serves The Crown, not a constitution. This, perhaps, is why the Brits and a number of other European countries still have their monarchies. The UK isn't the only one.

For those savvy to diplomatic protocols, you will notice the US President and all other Heads of State always have diplomatic precedence over a Prime Minister, while diplomatic order of precedence among Heads of State uses the date they took office (20 January 2016 for the US President). Diplomatic order of precedence among prime ministers is the same as for heads of state (when they took office).

John

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh sure, we just get a good plan and you mess it all up with facts.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated."
    Poul Anderson

soupergenius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've been watching that NETFLIX show called the Crown. I think George and the other founders did the right thing. Getting excited about the British Royalty is kinda like waxing nostalgic about your High School sweetheart. You forget why you split and just remember she looked good in that cheerleader outfit. But then one day you see her working the drive-thru at Taco Bell.....whewwwww!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    80,000 signatures on a petition to force Harry and Megan to pay for their own security living in Canada, expected to cost $10 million a year and they do not want Cannadian public money going for it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In other words, the ginger boy can come back home when that high maintenance witch tires of him and lands him in court. ;)

Wait, you’re a fan of monarchies? I was kind proud that Meghan gave a nod to her American roots, and stuck it to the crown as we Americans are traditionally have want to do. I mean you must be a fan, because I’m not sure what Meghan has done to earn to be called a “witch.” Anybody got something I might have missed?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Wait, you’re a fan of monarchies? I was kind proud that Meghan gave a nod to her American roots, and stuck it to the crown as we Americans are traditionally have want to do. I mean you must be a fan, because I’m not sure what Meghan has done to earn to be called a “witch.” Anybody got something I might have missed?

I'll give you mine when you hand in your "Why Melina is a Gold Digger" list.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll give you mine when you hand in your "Why Melina is a Gold Digger" list.

I’ll go with the standard gold digger hallmarks:
    Melania was poor, Trump was rich
    Melania was a nobody, Trump was a celebrity
    Melania was an immigrant, Trump was American
    Melania was young and hot, Trump was old

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I’ll go with the standard gold digger hallmarks:
    Melania was poor, Trump was rich
    Melania was a nobody, Trump was a celebrity
    Melania was an immigrant, Trump was American
    Melania was young and hot, Trump was old

So providing facts to support your beliefs isn't necessary. How very liberal of you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So providing facts to support your beliefs isn't necessary. How very liberal of you.

Ok, I’ll amend the first two:
    Melania wasn’t a millionaire...
    Melania was relatively unknown until meeting Trump.
    Will that suffice, as I’m assuming the last two don’t need supporting facts?

Ok, your turn.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    You don’t have to be sure. I gave you my list as requested. So how about yours?

Honestly, I really don't have a list. My ancestors shot a **** ton of Brits so I wouldn't have to worry about them in my lifetime. I was mainly trying to see why you felt like questioning someone's opinion about this young lady when you yourself have no factual basis for your own assumptions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, I really don't have a list. My ancestors shot a **** ton of Brits so I wouldn't have to worry about them in my lifetime. I was mainly trying to see why you felt like questioning someone's opinion about this young lady when you yourself have no factual basis for your own assumptions.

Ah, you were engaging with no intent of honest discourse. Gotcha.
    And you say “your ancestors,” you mean “Americans,” in general? Well we both have that in common then.

Top Bottom