• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Military weapons or improvised weapons will both kill you, don't see much difference.
    About like saying the guy that broke into my house wasn't a threat because he had a hammer, not a gun

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Military weapons or improvised weapons will both kill you, don't see much difference.
    About like saying they guy that broke into my house wasn't a threat because he had a hammer, not a gun

^^^Yes, this^^^ Sorry, but I'd rather have somebody shooting at me than fire bombing me. Call me crazy.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    About like saying the guy that broke into my house wasn't a threat because he had a hammer, not a gun

Really? You don't see much difference between Truck mounted artillery, RPGs, assault rifles, mortars and coke bottles filled with gasoline?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Then you'd be wrong. Ak 47s+RPGs+grenades+mortars are military weapons used in an armed assault. Theres no comparing them to molotov cocktails.
    While they probably won’t make Janes, Molotov Cocktails are certainly weapons, and weapons which I want no part of being on the receiving end of.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    While they probably won’t make Janes, Molotov Cocktails are certainly weapons, and weapons which I want no part of being on the receiving end of.

No one said they were frisbees. The point is an armed militia assault with military weapons is an order of magnitude greater than a militia armed with rocks, fireworks and molotov cocktails. Full stop.
    I didn't think this position would be controversial.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Iranian General Soleimani dead. Good start...

Yep. Just posted that in the WWIII thread. Wonder who killed him? :)

Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-baghdad-airport-injuries-reported

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why not blame Russia / Egypt / China / evil axis of the minute? That way the Persians will attack the USA.

According to Funker530, it was a drone attack from the DOD using an expanding broadhead Hellfire.

I saw the pics. Quite spectacular!

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think they’re saying that “we” did. This will surely lead to an escalation. But hey better now than later, I guess.

At first the report said it was katyusha rockets. Now they are saying possible airstrike. Several Iranian military leaders killed. I don't really care if they stepped in front of a Hellfire missile or if it was a Molotov cocktail. Good riddance.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said al-Muhandis had arrived to the airport in a convoy to receive Soleimani whose plane had arrived from either Lebanon or Syria. The airstrike occurred as soon as he descended from the plane to be greeted by al-Muhandis and his companions, killing them all.

It was not immediately clear who fired the missile or rockets or who was targeted. There was no immediate comment from the U.S.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't think anyone's done that. I think the push back has been against anyone pointing out major differences. Mainly the heavily armed militia vs an unarmed militia. That's a pretty big difference worth recognizing.
    I kinda think “not remotely comparable” fits what I’m sayin.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It was a drive-by Hellfire. Could have been anyone. :):

I'm sorry. I'm not buying that. The photos according to Google Earth clearly had signs posting that area was a No Hellfire Zone (NHfZ) and that their rights should not be violated or they will go tell the UN.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm confused, do Iranian generals generally come and go as they please through the Iraqi airport and they just don't expect to be killed or was he not supposed to be in Iraq/covertly moving throughout the country?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't that what everybody else was doing? Ark's point, is that the administration Benghazi occurred under, is no longer in power.
    The point being made is the contrast between how the Obama administration handled Benghazi vs how Trump handles attacks on American assets overseas. Obviously it’s necessary to mention the administration no longer in power to contrast the two different ways to handle such things.

I don’t know why people in this thread are so opposed to comparing this to Benghazi. I mean, dismissing it is so yesterday. Today the press is trying to say this is Trump’s Benghazi. C-mon. These guys need to get on the same page with what the prescribed outrage is supposed to be now.

Top Bottom