• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Being so dismissive of the importance isn’t any more honest. A rapid response, even to a group of protesters, signals that the administration will respond to force with overwhelming force. It’s appropriate to compare to Benghazi because when it was clear that it was an attack the administration did nothing. At best it was incompetent. At worst it was criminal.

It’s reasonable to compare them because the responses are so different. It’s not just Fox News comparing them. I’ve seen several at least mention Benghazi in a comparative way.

^This^^^^^^^

Is it all that hard to see the comparisons in how they were handled and that Trump did not sit on his hands waiting on polling to make a decision and then make up one of the most ridiculous lies that put a man in jail over the incompetence of the administration. That even Kut agrees yet still says Ark is correct. But Kut actually agreed and he is right.

But Kut is wrong. Ark is not correct. We all have our opinions and views. That is what makes these discussions so interesting. But some of the reasoning makes me want to start drinking again.

Or It might be I just want to start drinking again. Hard to say.

TDS is a real thing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Who were unarmed and not shooting at anyone. Pretty crucial difference. Benghazi wasn't a protest or a riot, it was a heavily armed assault and assassination attempt by a terrorist group. This was a protest that ended with minimal property destruction and no deaths. There's no comparison between the two situations, Benghazi was a backwater and Baghdad is a fortress.
    I know your type. I've worked under and with your type before.
    Ive seen your types "OH POOP" face when the little innocent protesters rock turns into an AK thats used to shoot at you.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The riot was over before anything Trump could have said or done could make a different. Y'all are painting this as some big pwn that Trump somehow got over Clinton and it's just not. That's just your confirmation bias because you already supported him and are extremely receptive to him claiming it's a victory. In reality the two situations are not remotely comparable and there was no risk of this turning into a Benghazi situation. The crowd would have been flattened by an Apache long before any of the staff were in real danger.

It's amazing how people are still obsessed with Benghazi. Obama is out of office, Clinton is out of a job and is a multi-loss presidential candidate has-been. She doesn't matter, what-ifs about her don't matter, I don't understand why people still care so much about Hillary Clinton.
    Why?
    They are traitors with blood on their hands that deserve justice. Thats why. Not vigilante justice. Im talking an actual arrest and prosecution in a court of law on trial and then sentencing and sentence. Period.
    No one is above the law in this country.
    Oh wait, i meant, no one should be above the law in this country but obama and hillary and bill have been.

Hanoi jane fonda was another traitor. I wasnt even alive then but my father and uncles were and my other brothers in uniform were.
    I will never forget that traitorous ***** either.
    When she is dead and burried I hope her grave gets pissed on daily by vietnam and other vets. And if im ever walking by and see it ill **** on it too

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My personal opinion is it wasn't a riot. It was a planned assault carried out by Iran and their minions. Had there been no response or a very weak response I believe the embassy staff could have been killed or captured. There were tents, portable toilets and cooking facilities set up just outside the embassy by the Iranian militia. Doesn't sound much like a riot to me. More like something that was meant to go on for days or weeks. Too bad the 100 Marines dropped off by Osprey broke up the party with tear gas.

22868458-7842299-image-a-8-1577868623456.jpg

Cooking pots set up outside the embassy where 50 tents and a number of portable toilets have been shipped in for the long haul.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ilitia-storm-Baghdad-compound-second-day.html
    Exactly. Of coarse it was planned and staged by Iran.
    Ark needs to stick to reading comics and let the war fighters fight war.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My personal opinion is it wasn't a riot. It was a planned assault carried out by Iran and their minions. Had there been no response or a very weak response I believe the embassy staff could have been killed or captured. There were tents, portable toilets and cooking facilities set up just outside the embassy by the Iranian militia. Doesn't sound much like a riot to me. More like something that was meant to go on for days or weeks. Too bad the 100 Marines dropped off by Osprey broke up the party with tear gas.

22868458-7842299-image-a-8-1577868623456.jpg

Cooking pots set up outside the embassy where 50 tents and a number of portable toilets have been shipped in for the long haul.

Hmmm. All in a row.
    They're are just asking to be strafed by an A-10.
    :ar15:
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    ggq9GcR.gif
    :biggun:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Who were unarmed and not shooting at anyone. Pretty crucial difference. Benghazi wasn't a protest or a riot, it was a heavily armed assault and assassination attempt by a terrorist group. This was a protest that ended with minimal property destruction and no deaths. There's no comparison between the two situations, Benghazi was a backwater and Baghdad is a fortress.

They are both attacks.
    It's ridiculous to call it a protest.
    It's not like they stayed in front of the embassy with signs.

If the security forces stayed in their guard shack they would have been dead, burned alive or killed by fumes.Or lynched by the crowd.

Fire is a deadly weapon, especially when people are trapped in a building surrounded by thousands of angry people.
    People don't need to carry AKs to be armed and dangerous.
    Plenty of people have been killed by unarmed mobs.

If thousands of angry people showed up to your front door, and started breaking windows and throwing incendiary devices ... would you call the police and complain about a few unarmed protesters in front of your house?

Or would you say that you're house is under attack?

You you have been willing, as an American, to stand unarmed in front of the embassy to talk to those "protesters"?

602x338_nbc-191231-iraq-us-embassy-protests-se-544p_411b3176bfc27f1a9d69ba1cdce93f07.jpg

That was an attack.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Being so dismissive of the importance isn’t any more honest. A rapid response, even to a group of protesters, signals that the administration will respond to force with overwhelming force. It’s appropriate to compare to Benghazi because when it was clear that it was an attack the administration did nothing. At best it was incompetent. At worst it was criminal.

It’s reasonable to compare them because the responses are so different. It’s not just Fox News comparing them. I’ve seen several at least mention Benghazi in a comparative way.

The embassy was already sufficiently manned and protected, nobody's life hinged on "rapid response" from an executive on the other side of the planet. They were never going to be overrun and killed. The people on the ground in Iraq do not need the president's say-so to protect themselves. They've had contingencies in place for that facility for 15+ years. There is nothing unusual or special about the response to this incident, which was handled by the people on the ground regardless of how the president chose to posture over it.

You all are acting like Trump personally jumped out of a helicopter to save people. In reality the situation was probably over by the time he heard about it, much like Benghazi. The security of our embassy in a war zone is not contingent on the president's direct participation. :rolleyes:

I could not give less of a **** about a fictional comparison to how a failed candidate and professional talk show attendee would have handled things. Best thing Trump could possibly do for the embassy in Iraq? Put every American citizen back on a plane to the US, have the last people out flatten the place with explosives, and hand the country back over to the people who never wanted us there in the first place. Can't get molotov'd by protesters/Iranian militiamen when you're on the other side of the ocean. :dunno:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The embassy was already sufficiently manned and protected, nobody's life hinged on "rapid response" from an executive on the other side of the planet. They were never going to be overrun and killed. The people on the ground in Iraq do not need the president's say-so to protect themselves. They've had contingencies in place for that facility for 15+ years. There is nothing unusual or special about the response to this incident, which was handled by the people on the ground regardless of how the president chose to posture over it.

You all are acting like Trump personally jumped out of a helicopter to save people. In reality the situation was probably over by the time he heard about it, much like Benghazi. The security of our embassy in a war zone is not contingent on the president's direct participation. :rolleyes:

I could not give less of a **** about a fictional comparison to how a failed candidate and professional talk show attendee would have handled things. Best thing Trump could possibly do for the embassy in Iraq? Put every American citizen back on a plane to the US, have the last people out flatten the place with explosives, and hand the country back over to the people who never wanted us there in the first place. Can't get molotov'd by protesters/Iranian militiamen when you're on the other side of the ocean. :dunno:
    It seems you’re still being overly dismissive. And I did not say the Embassy could not handle the situation on its own. I said that the response sends a message, which it does. It does not bother me that Trump responded as he did. A quick response ensures it can’t become something more.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, write this down. Trump respond appropriately and made a good showing as CiC. A FAR superior response than what I wouldve expected from the previous administration.
    So there, I complimented him

That aside though, Ark is right. The threat posed there, was significantly less than that in Benghazi. Though, if the president hadn’t acted as promptly as he did, it certainly had the potential to be much worse.

iu

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They are both attacks.
    It's ridiculous to call it a protest.
    It's not like they stayed in front of the embassy with signs.

If the security forces stayed in their guard shack they would have been dead, burned alive or killed by fumes.Or lynched by the crowd.

Fire is a deadly weapon, especially when people are trapped in a building surrounded by thousands of angry people.
    People don't need to carry AKs to be armed and dangerous.
    Plenty of people have been killed by unarmed mobs.

If thousands of angry people showed up to your front door, and started breaking windows and throwing incendiary devices ... would you call the police and complain about a few unarmed protesters in front of your house?

Or would you say that you're house is under attack?

You you have been willing, as an American, to stand unarmed in front of the embassy to talk to those "protesters"?

602x338_nbc-191231-iraq-us-embassy-protests-se-544p_411b3176bfc27f1a9d69ba1cdce93f07.jpg

That was an attack.

The guy in the top pick is FABULOUS! Looks like France's flag on the hipster pants, but an old lady hat? Also, do mourners always have a supply of flags?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No. We are not acting like Trump ran over there in person. Seriously. Can you read and comprehend what so many are stating as fact and it is actually fact.
    We are comparing Reponses to our people being attacked. Fictional...…….:faint:

I agree we should jut leave them be but in all of this every time we do attacks on our interests pick up.

Man you really do hate the POTUS.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The difference is that Benghazi was a remote quasi military outpost being assaulted by a well armed militia. That doesn't mean the Obama didn't admin didn't **** up by not sending support. But I wouldn't compare the two. Maybe if the recent attackers had any sort of military weapons or forced the issue until someone was killed. I think anyone there would recognize an actual armed assault on the embassy would be a one sided suicide attack.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The difference is that Benghazi was a remote quasi military outpost being assaulted by a well armed militia. That doesn't mean the Obama didn't admin didn't **** up by not sending support. But I wouldn't compare the two.

True.

Both called for help but only one received it.

No comparison.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The difference is that Benghazi was a remote quasi military outpost being assaulted by a well armed militia. That doesn't mean the Obama didn't admin didn't **** up by not sending support. But I wouldn't compare the two. Maybe if the recent attackers had any sort of military weapons or forced the issue until someone was killed. I think anyone there would recognize an actual armed assault on the embassy would be a one sided suicide attack.
    The residence wasn’t. It was a consular outpost. Correction it was the actual Consulate.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Quasi military, are we going to stick to the official line that we are running a purely diplomatic outpost in a failed state?
    No, an ambassador and two DSS agents does not quasi military make. While they were there hunting MANPADS, the Consulate was not aquasimilitary outpost.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The riot was over before anything Trump could have said or done could make a different. Y'all are painting this as some big pwn that Trump somehow got over Clinton and it's just not. That's just your confirmation bias because you already supported him and are extremely receptive to him claiming it's a victory. In reality the two situations are not remotely comparable and there was no risk of this turning into a Benghazi situation. The crowd would have been flattened by an Apache long before any of the staff were in real danger.

It's amazing how people are still obsessed with Benghazi. Obama is out of office, Clinton is out of a job and is a multi-loss presidential candidate has-been. She doesn't matter, what-ifs about her don't matter, I don't understand why people still care so much about Hillary Clinton.

Benghazi didn't have to go down like it did. This underscores that fact.
    This "non event/protest" as you call it didn't get out of hand BECAUSE of the overwhelming response and attention given to it.
    Where would we be today if the SAME care and overwhelming response and attention had been given in Benghazi?

Probably a footnote about how there was an attack in 2012 on a U.S. .gov consulate in Libya "over an internet video" that was thwarted with a bunch of dead Libyian terrorists outside.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, an ambassador and two DSS agents does not quasi military make. While they were there hunting MANPADS, the Consulate was not aquasimilitary outpost.

Recognizing that the CIA never acknowledges their own, if the CIA were running regional ops out of that consulate, would you consider that quasi military?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom