• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Recognizing that the CIA never acknowledges their own, if the CIA were running regional ops out of that consulate, would you consider that quasi military?
    Vice reported that the CIA was running ops trying to get weapons back that we foolishly gave to terrorists because we were leading from behind. Not how they worded it. It smells to me like it was more than mere incompetence that lead to the failures of Benghazi. But to a broader point, it’s reasonable to compare the two in the ways that they are comparable.

I think it’s also reasonable to think that if one dismisses it as completely incomparable, that’s likely reasoned from an ideological need rather than from the goal of representing the entire reality.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Recognizing that the CIA never acknowledges their own, if the CIA were running regional ops out of that consulate, would you consider that quasi military?
    The CIA were off site a couple of miles away. Yes, the Ambassador was probably in tune with the MANPAD op, but he wasn’t personally running it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The CIA were off site a couple of miles away. Yes, the Ambassador was probably in tune with the MANPAD op, but he wasn’t personally running it.

So you don't think any CIA officers were operating out of the consulate?
    Im not making any claims as to whether that makes a consulate a legitimate military target, just trying to discern if we could consider the consulate a quasi military outpost if the CIA was running operations from within it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think it’s also reasonable to think that if one dismisses it as completely incomparable, that’s likely reasoned from an ideological need rather than from the goal of representing the entire reality.

Don't think anyone's done that. I think the push back has been against anyone pointing out major differences. Mainly the heavily armed militia vs an unarmed militia. That's a pretty big difference worth recognizing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So you don't think any CIA officers were operating out of the consulate?
    Im not making any claims as to whether that makes a consulate a legitimate military target, just trying to discern if we could consider the consulate a quasi military outpost if the CIA was running operations from within it.
    My I wasn’t there opinion is no, that’s why they had a separate off site station. Did CIA operatives go into the consulate, probably. The CoS was off site, their security was off site, their files and other intel was off site, pretty good case for them not operating out of the Consulate?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't think anyone's done that. I think the push back has been against anyone pointing out major differences. Mainly the heavily armed militia vs an unarmed militia. That's a pretty big difference worth recognizing.

The point I and others are making is that the response was immediate. Nothing more.
    They tested us. I think we passed this test.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The riot was over before anything Trump could have said or done could make a different. Y'all are painting this as some big pwn that Trump somehow got over Clinton and it's just not. That's just your confirmation bias because you already supported him and are extremely receptive to him claiming it's a victory. In reality the two situations are not remotely comparable and there was no risk of this turning into a Benghazi situation. The crowd would have been flattened by an Apache long before any of the staff were in real danger.

It's amazing how people are still obsessed with Benghazi. Obama is out of office, Clinton is out of a job and is a multi-loss presidential candidate has-been. She doesn't matter, what-ifs about her don't matter, I don't understand why people still care so much about Hillary Clinton.

Disgusting... Four Americans DIED because of our inaction and you diminish the event by making it about Hillary. It's NOT. It's about JUSTICE for the families.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Did you see the picts? The logistics they were setting up? They were preparing to besiege.
    Do you really think there weren't arms waiting for those guys on the next street over?
    You gauge the response and act.
    Do you think they would have just gone away if they weren't driven off?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My I wasn’t there opinion is no, that’s why they had a separate off site station. Did CIA operatives go into the consulate, probably. The CoS was off site, their security was off site, their files and other intel was off site, pretty good case for them not operating out of the Consulate?

Alright we can disagree then. I obviously don't have any evidence to back up my suspicions. Just what I suspect would be going on in a consulate in the middle of a failed state in the midst of a civil war.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Disgusting... Four Americans DIED because of our inaction and you diminish the event by making it about Hillary. It's NOT. It's about JUSTICE for the families.

Isn't that what everybody else was doing? Ark's point, is that the administration Benghazi occurred under, is no longer in power.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Isn't that what everybody else was doing? Ark's point, is that the administration Benghazi occurred under, is no longer in power.

Poorly worded on my part! I was seeing red when I wrote that. Whoever is responsible should be held accountable, including Hillary and on up the President Obama.

Where WAS he that night? Why are his whereabouts during the attack so shrouded in mystery (like so many other things about him)?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Poorly worded on my part! I was seeing red when I wrote that. Whoever is responsible should be held accountable, including Hillary and on up the President Obama.

Where WAS he that night? Why are his whereabouts during the attack so shrouded in mystery (like so many other things about him)?

reggie love could not be reached for comment.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Him and Mike were out on the DL for a bit, and ended the night trolling for *****es in Adams Morgan.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The difference is that Benghazi was a remote quasi military outpost being assaulted by a well armed militia. That doesn't mean the Obama didn't admin didn't **** up by not sending support. But I wouldn't compare the two. Maybe if the recent attackers had any sort of military weapons or forced the issue until someone was killed. I think anyone there would recognize an actual armed assault on the embassy would be a one sided suicide attack.
    Sorry, but I consider molotov cocktails to be "arms". These were not some kind of Iranian hippies at a sit-in.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Then you'd be wrong. Ak 47s+RPGs+grenades+mortars are military weapons used in an armed assault. Theres no comparing them to molotov cocktails.

And yet they both deserve to be stabbed, hanged, drawn and quartered, shot in the face and then killed......... twice.
    pyMJzva.gif

Top Bottom