Avoid harbor Freight at all costs warning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    How can they not allow you to return it for your money back? If it’s new, and it doesn’t work, and they don’t have one to exchange, how can they refuse to refund your money? Am I missing something?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I returned a water sprayer 2 summers ago that I bought for the house and it wasn't "enough," so I took it back to the store in the box and got my refund.
    I have found if you need a tool to use a couple of times, like when I needed to cut the bottom of some wood doors shorter after putting in good carpet, I bought a Reciprocating Saw for $29ish that did fine.
    My son had no tools at all except some basic things I gave him after he got out of college, so for Xmas one year I picked up a complete tool kit for him and he has used that for years.
    He can spend his own money buying the good stuff. :laugh:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I had good luck with Harbor Freight back in the 90's. Back then they had sales on tools like SK they would come across in a lot somewhere. I picked up a set of SK wrenches and sockets for less than half the cost of the Snap-On sets that I was looking at for A&P school. Personally, I like SK every bit as much as Snap-On and they have never let me down but you just don't see deals like that from them anymore. Everything now is China made soft steel crap that you could use for occasional wrenching, but not for a living.

I am not one of those hangar tool snobs that needs all his tools to be matching Snap-On, I have a mixture of Snap-On, SK, MAC, Proto and some older Craftsman from back in the days where they made good stuff (from good ole' Dad). I love going to yard sales and finding old tools too, I am a sucker for the old stuff that was made a hell of a lot better than now.

Getting off on a tangent, I found a set of manual ratcheting open end wrenches that had to have been made in the 50's at least. The type with one of the tines shorter so you can slip it back up on the next flat and turn. They were made in Germany, and the quality is nothing like I have ever seen. Some day I need to research what they are and how much they are worth just for fun, but I will never get rid of them, they will get passed down to my son eventually. My tool box has an assortment of cool older hand tools I have found over the years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t get either why you can’t just return for refund...

https://www.harborfreight.com/customer-service-return-exchange.html

Sounds like the the people are not following the procedure outlined in the return policy.

[h=3]Return In-Store[/h]Online purchases can be returned to any Harbor Freight store for an exchange or refund within 90 days of your purchase. Just bring the item along with the order packing slip or order and we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase. If you do not have a proof of purchase, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
    [h=2]Things to Know:[/h]
    • Merchandise may be returned within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sounds like the the people are not following the procedure outlined in the return policy.

Return In-Store

Online purchases can be returned to any Harbor Freight store for an exchange or refund within 90 days of your purchase. Just bring the item along with the order packing slip or order and we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase. If you do not have a proof of purchase, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
    Things to Know:

• Merchandise may be returned within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer

Sounds like they were. He just has to bring the box to the store for a refund. He didn't want to make the trip.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Had a friend do that with a decades old tv. Ordered a new tv from Walmart, put his old one in the shipping box and sent it back for a refund - and GOT IT ! Some folks are just more cleverly larcenous and inventive than I am.

Top Bottom