Avoid harbor Freight at all costs warning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well.not sure who owns who in the food chain but I do know that Stanley, Craftsman, Mac tools are owned by the same parent company and maybe others such as DeWalt since most of the Mac tools cordless drills & impacts are made by DeWalt or so my Mac tools distributor has told us

Craftsman is owned by Stanley, that owns Dewalt, though Sears still can have tools built and sell them for many years. Not sure how they will handle the warranty if Stanley made it or Sears made it. Craftsman is just a name they stick on Chi-Com made junk. Similar to Schwinn bicycles, there is no Schwinn company, just a name stuck on cheap junk...

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    With HF, it's always cheap disposable crap. You have to be in a situation where you can easily return a bad item, or you're just asking for major headaches. Things I buy from HF:. Cheep drill presses, 4-1/2" angle grinders, grinding/cutoff wheels, step drills, and nitrile gloves.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Say what you will, but I am super pleased with the 2, 4 gallon backpack sprayers I bought at HF for $16 each- compare at $60. I also have a 3/8" click torque wrench that is still accurate after about 5 years. I will say that HF in 2019 is much better than HF 10 years ago. The cheap Chinese tools of today are MUCH better than the cheap Chinese tools of 10 years ago.

soupergenius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I love HF. cheap crap for low prices. I guess don't buy something you really need to be of good quality but other stuff is ok. I bought car jumper batteries there and they work fine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Say what you will, but I am super pleased with the 2, 4 gallon backpack sprayers I bought at HF for $16 each- compare at $60. I also have a 3/8" click torque wrench that is still accurate after about 5 years. I will say that HF in 2019 is much better than HF 10 years ago. The cheap Chinese tools of today are MUCH better than the cheap Chinese tools of 10 years ago.

Think "BUFFALO". Building cheap Chinese tools before it was cool. Combination wrenches where the flats of the open end were off parallel by several degrees. You could drop the open end down over the nut or bolt and it wouldn't slide off!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Think "BUFFALO". Building cheap Chinese tools before it was cool. Combination wrenches where the flats of the open end were off parallel by several degrees. You could drop the open end down over the nut or bolt and it wouldn't slide off!

Ah, yes. I remember this place called "Homeier" that had crappier stuff than HF. They had a store briefly in the Century Mall in Merrillville, but mostly set up tents in parking lots.

Let me think....

I've got a HF 18 ga brad nailer that works like new after about 8 years (oiled every use).

I have short and long 1/2" impact sockets. Those are hard to screw up and so far, so good.

I was not pleased with a set of 4 casters I bought there to make a stand to go under my motorcycle's center stand. They rusted up in about 2 years.

About 10 years ago I bought the cheapest rotary tool they had...it was pure junk. It was the small one where it had a transformer for the power supply. No power.

I recently bought a rotary tool there that is full 120v and even though it vibrates more than my late great Dremel, it works very well at 25% the cost of an equivalent Dremel.

I have 36" tire irons and a 48" bead breaker for use with my tractors...pretty hard to screw those up.

I'm sure there are others, but those backpack sprayers I mentioned above are the latest things that I like. The first one I bought, I use with selective herbicides on my lawn and I sprayed every square inch of my front lawn with it (just over 1 acre) for the clover and about 25% again for crabgrass. Worked perfectly. I liked it so well I bought a second for non-selective herbicides and it too works perfectly.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Agreed.

We just lost a charge back last week. A guy placed an order on the site, we shipped it to the address he typed in. He emails 3 weeks later saying he typed the wrong address, and didnt get the scope, so I needed to send another to the correct address.

I said no, I dont know where you live, and sent it where you told me to. He did a chargeback, I fought it, and lost. Cost me 1200 bucks.

why don’t people send me scopes I didn’t order? Also— why didn’t the person who received it contact you and indicate they received someone else’s property?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    why don’t people send me scopes I didn’t order? Also— why didn’t the person who received it contact you and indicate they received someone else’s property?

They probably sold it, or are using it as we type. Some folks are not as honest as we would like them to be. We even know this person's PO box number, but there is nothing we can do unless I want to fly to California, (it will cost way more than 1200 to get me to go to that state wait at the post office all day for someone to check box 1234, then ask them if they received a package by mistake. Then if they say no, there would be nothing I can do.

I have received packages I didn't order quite a few times. The difference is I live in a small community, and I call Danny down the road and say "I got your package, I have to make a trip to town tomorrow, I will drop it off"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They probably sold it, or are using it as we type. Some folks are not as honest as we would like them to be. We even know this person's PO box number, but there is nothing we can do unless I want to fly to California, (it will cost way more than 1200 to get me to go to that state wait at the post office all day for someone to check box 1234, then ask them if they received a package by mistake. Then if they say no, there would be nothing I can do.

I have received packages I didn't order quite a few times. The difference is I live in a small community, and I call Danny down the road and say "I got your package, I have to make a trip to town tomorrow, I will drop it off"

Probably cost more than $1,200, but a court doesn't much care what the credit card company decided. This guy ordered something, gave wrong info....supposedly...and stopped payment. This is on him...and whoever ended up with the scope....allegedly not him.

zz47331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Connersville
    I guess I over spoke when I said it needs to be shut down. This is America and it’s a Free Country to shop and do as we please as long it’s within the law. Hope that makes so sense.

Top Bottom