• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Other than my yearly St. Baldricks event, I've not went somewhere to get my hair cut since before my wedding, which coincidentally enough will be 20 years ago in October. A set of clippers is no more than a haircut or two at most, and lasts for years.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had the same barber for 49 years. Gave me my first non-home haircut when I was 3-4 yo and he retired a little over a year ago when the shop changed hands and went more upscale. I stayed there and got used to barber #2 who soon opened his own shop. Kind of a fancy manly place with two chairs, coffee and soon bourbon. The haircut is now a welcome splurge. Every three weeks it's a full haircut, beard trim, and shave with hot towel, straight razor finish, the works. It is insanely relaxing and worth every penny of the $35 plus tip.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Prior to all the Hoopla we took my son to Great Clips every Sunday as well. MJJROTC they offered $2.00 discount for ROTC still it added up quickly. But I was not going to cheap out with him Teenagers have a lot going on and Certainly was not going to add a bad haircut to the list of things he needed to worry about.

Yep, I had two that went through JROTC....
    40 bucks a month is a bunch when you only bring home 1,100 and change...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I had the same barber for 49 years. Gave me my first non-home haircut when I was 3-4 yo and he retired a little over a year ago when the shop changed hands and went more upscale. I stayed there and got used to barber #2 who soon opened his own shop. Kind of a fancy manly place with two chairs, coffee and soon bourbon. The haircut is now a welcome splurge. Every three weeks it's a full haircut, beard trim, and shave with hot towel, straight razor finish, the works. It is insanely relaxing and worth every penny of the $35 plus tip.

$35?!?! For hair? I thought my wife was bad! :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hair cut money is kind of like a car payment to me. Gave those up a while back. Never going back.

This time of year, I cut my hair twice a week. Imagine paying for that?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When the SHTF all the clippers sold out, but eventually got a new Wahls off of eBay for $50, so price of three haircuts. Walked out the back door with a hand mirror, let the excess hair blow away in the wind. The hair line at the back of my neck is not exactly straight but I can live with it as a first try.

It felt so good the get rid of all the fuzz that was tickling my ears. The transformation was amazing.

Before:

nick-nolte-mug.jpg

After:
    a7f4a778e9197b47e68c80c8f5e36809.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I first read the title of this thread, I had a question.
    "What are the risk(s) of a bad haircut?"
    Risk(s) for whom? The hair cutter, or the person getting the cut?

I'm the wrong person to ask about this question.
    I can't remember the last time I had my hair cut, and I don't care.
    It grows to whatever length/shape/style the good lord wants.

BTW- For those who don't know me, 30 years ago my niece and nephew called me "Uncle It".
    Things haven't changed much since.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When the SHTF all the clippers sold out, but eventually got a new Wahls off of eBay for $50, so price of three haircuts. Walked out the back door with a hand mirror, let the excess hair blow away in the wind. The hair line at the back of my neck is not exactly straight but I can live with it as a first try.

It felt so good the get rid of all the fuzz that was tickling my ears. The transformation was amazing.

Before:

nick-nolte-mug.jpg

After:
    a7f4a778e9197b47e68c80c8f5e36809.jpg

giphy.gif

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have not paid for a haircut in decades. Working for the military and DoD makes the accepted style rather limited anyway so I just use a clipper system and no one has complained. Total cost for haircuts over the last couple of decades is less than 40 bucks. I don't miss sitting in a chair waiting to tip someone one bit.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mgderf is a dead ringer for Uncle Si on Duck Commander.

No, Uncle Si is a dead-ringer for me!
    I've threatened to start charging for autographs.
    I actually had a lady stop me in a bank parking lot and ask, "Are you sure you're not him?" while holding up a DVD with his picture.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    After perusing this thread, I found myself a little envious that so many people apparently don't have to look like they know what they are doing...in general.

Top Bottom