• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Had my 13 year old son cut mine while sitting on a 5 gal bucket. It worked out fine after a couple of realignments.
    Now he thinks he’s Vidal Sassoon.

Oh, he's had "Dad, I want to be a hair dresser" in the wait for a long time! This is just his opportunity to come out with it. LOL

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last Thursday I gave up and had my 15 year old daughter take the shears to me. Buz cut! #3 depth guard. I love it but I feel like people look at me like they are thinking "shouldn't he be wearing a football helmet, where is his handler?"

I was thinking more like inmate #5150 when I got my initial buzz cut from the daughter when this started .

:rockwoot:Got a text on my shop reopening next week. Took the first available appointment for 5/22. Two weeks to normalcy! :rockwoot:

Yeah, as much as I want to go back to my regular shop and help him get back to normal business (he's moved to taking appts apprently, haven't looked how far out they stretch out to get one), I'm still a bit worried on this, given that I'll be WFH for some time, it's not something I need to rush back into. Think I'll hang back and just buzz it again a few times before this is done.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Wife found a set of Wahl clippers yesterday. Tomorrow, I start barber college. :rockwoot::woot::woot:

There are a lot of instructional videos on cutting hair on YouTube. Here's the best one:

[video=youtube;gMMW9M-VPQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMW9M-VPQ4[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There are a lot of instructional videos on cutting hair on YouTube. Here's the best one:

[video=youtube;gMMW9M-VPQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMMW9M-VPQ4[/video]

lol. According to my son, some of the barbers were not that gentle.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I had this done (Army), the barber had a Shop-Vac duct taped to the clippers. It was weird how cold it felt even though I got there with really short hair.

I have very little hair left on my head and I can feel it colder when I cut it.

People with full heads of hair have the equivalent of an insulated hat on at all times.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Hair cutting isn’t that hard. Here’s my first day at self taught barber college. Seems to be getting shorter.

ZsVXer3.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ok the only way you can not look “worse” than you do now is go ahead and cut it all off hopefully the front part of your head is not as ugly as the back part.

Bald is like being naked in public!

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    tbhausen and I were talking about self-haircuts earlier today and he clues me in to this:

Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit, Beard Trimmer, Hair Clippers for Men (13 pieces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014SG66UO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kY4TEbE51FMF1

He says it’s a piece of cake, only takes a couple of haircuts to pay for itself. Gold luck finding one, though. I had to backorder one, no idea when I’ll get it so back to Great Clips until it shows up.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Buzz cut or just shave it. I prefer to shave it. Enjoy the freedom!

Concur.

I bought some old-school Wahl clippers about 15 years ago - one of my better ROIs - I use it 2x/month, it hasn't needed maintenance yet, and saved me plenty of $ in the barber shop. No clip guard, just 000 setting and rake it over the ol' dome. Super easy to take care of solo, even the back, and the ladies love to rub their hands over the fuzzy stubble. ¯\_( ツ)_/¯
    Although I still miss my barber, an old Italian guy who provided his customers with homemade vino. :alcoholic:

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yeah...my wife was trying to find a polite way to tell me my forehead was too uncovered for that...so she didn't...find a polite way. She just said that I was receding.
    So counselor, you admit that you don’t really have a forehead, but do it in fact have a fivehead. :D

Top Bottom